connecting computers

dan82

Beta member
hi i was just wondering, i have a wireless laptop and a computer. I have a router for the internet which both computers use. What i want to know is can i access my computer from my laptop and vice versa?

yep , you can share files and printers .

you need to make a folder shared on the host computer then map the folder on the client computer
so lets say you have a large jmusic folder on the desktop , make it a shared folder on the desktop then map it in my computer as a newtwork drive in the laptop ]#

that is vaghe , i am sure other people will include a more
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000469.htm this is instructions for using a crossover cable but i am sure you can convert it to your network

just run the network setup wizard from the control panel. running the wireless network setup may also be a good idea. it should then work and you will be able to share files, printers and stuff. to share folders on one pc's hdd just right click the folder, go to sharing and security, and click on the share on the network box. you can access the shared folders from either pc by going to "my network places". you can also click "view workgroup computers" from there to see all the computers connected to the network and you will see all their shared folders and stuff.

Forgive me, but I have seen no one suggest that all the computers you would like to share with should be part of the same workgroup, and have different names. For it to work properly, this is pretty important. Once you put your computers in the same workgroup, and reboot, they should be able to "see" each other. Then you share whatever folder you would like, or map a network drive. As a general rule, I personally stay away from the Network Wizard- simply because there is not a need. To me, it makes it more complicated than it needs to be. Just my view...;)

Back
Top Bottom