Daylight savings time

It would be a lot better if I didn't have to upgrade 75 different clients' computers over the weekend because they can't have any downtime, and the DST update for windows requires a restart!!!:mad:

I've never had to restart for daylight savings, why do you?

You didn't have to restart for the DST update? Every server 2003 machine that I work with had to be restarted after update.

root said:
why would you have changed it in April?

it always changes in march!

http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html
No, actually this is the first year that we start daylight savings time in March. It has been moved earlier by about 3 or 4 weeks. In the past it was the first or second Sunday in April I'm not sure which.

They also moved it about a week later in November.

Edit.....nevermind, I just saw the one for Europe. So yeah, you always do it in March.

Tommy Boy said:
No, actually this is the first year that we start daylight savings time in March. It has been moved earlier by about 3 or 4 weeks. In the past it was the first or second Sunday in April I'm not sure which.

They also moved it about a week later in November.

Edit.....nevermind, I just saw the one for Europe. So yeah, you always do it in March.

why though?

Hmmm, oh well. I don't see the point in daylight savings time, 24 hours is still 24 hours, whether it starts sooner or later really doesn't matter, you're still working or goign to school for the same amount of time. DST to me is rather stupid.

Daylight savings time has always been in April. This is the first time we're having it in March. I remember Easter Sunday usually means Daylight savings switchover which is how I remember before.

Back
Top Bottom