Car Thread!

Damn, you sure have a big garage. Looks like a showroom to me.

Stupid Lexus forum. No one on there can give me a straight answer in regards to Drive-By-Wire. I was askng on there to see if our cars have any of the drive by wire systems (such as throttle, steering, etc). I get a bunch of yes's and no's, lol. I don't know if you guys know, but I'll have to end up calling the dealer to find out.

I don't really know TRDCorolla, but I have a new love, the 1971 Nissan Skyline, nick-named "hakosuka" for reasons I don't know.

130_06051971_Nissan_SkylineFront_Dr.jpg

58_1971NissanSkyline_KPGC10GTR_1.jpg

I didn't know they even made a Skyline that long ago. I can't wait to see the new Skyline. I swear I saw one the other day in my neighborhood. I don't know if it's the Skyline badging slapped on a G35. If it is the new Skyline, then it looks a hell of a lot like the Infiniti G35 coupes.

That's because in japan, the G35 is the Skyline, at least I think.

The very first Skyline was made in 1957, called the ASL-1.

Prince_Skyline_ALSI-1.jpg

I know this is a place to show off your cars, but I have a problem that I hope one of you can help me with..

Alright heres my problem. Last night I took my car to the car wash (which I should have known was going to be a very dumb move, considering the temperature outside) Anways, this morning I opened my driver side door and when I did the handle was extremely frozen, well anyways I got it open and now the door wont latch. The passenger door had the same problem with it being frozen, but it still latches when I shut it. I know the latch isant stuck but I can move it freely and I am still able to shut the door, it just wont latch. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Its a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire.

I think the American version of the Skyline is the G35 but i'm not sure. I know when they tried to Americanize it so that it didn't have to be imported from Japan they really screwed it up and gave it a stupid name. Nice '71 Skyline though, that's really beautiful.

That is definately the american skyline(And it's beautiful). I heard some rumor's about Nissan developing a new skyline for the us???

That's what I was commenting about earlier. I swear I saw one on the road the other day, but don't know how legit it is. Yes, the Skyline will make it's debut here in the US. Should be out anytime now. It's a lot like the G35 with a different powertrain. It won't be like the Japanese Skyline because it has to be toned down to meet US guidelines which sucks. Just like the Evo's too. We have too many laws here that restricts a lot of good stuff.

As for the ice problem with not latching, only thing I can think of is wait for the weather to warm up a bit or park it in a garage to let the ice melt and see if the latch will move again. You can try lubing it so it moves again. Hope nothing is actually broken in there.

TRDCorolla said:
That's what I was commenting about earlier. I swear I saw one on the road the other day, but don't know how legit it is. Yes, the Skyline will make it's debut here in the US. Should be out anytime now. It's a lot like the G35 with a different powertrain. It won't be like the Japanese Skyline because it has to be toned down to meet US guidelines which sucks. Just like the Evo's too. We have too many laws here that restricts a lot of good stuff.

As for the ice problem with not latching, only thing I can think of is wait for the weather to warm up a bit or park it in a garage to let the ice melt and see if the latch will move again. You can try lubing it so it moves again. Hope nothing is actually broken in there.

Well there in lies the problem, I can move the latch with my fingers. It almost feels like something inside the door might have broke.

Back
Top Bottom