Sources for my Persasive Speech HELP!!!!!!

That's because people can edit them on a whim. Generally, Wikipedia entries are fairly reliable. If you doubt the authenticity, people usually cite the source.

One time, my friend edited a Wikipedia page on Star War and put "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" in the middle somewhere lol.

The United States has been, is and will always be the most powerful country in the world, no matter what anyone says. On all levels. Just because China has more people, and more technology doesn't mean they're going to be more powerful than us someday.

You might want to pick another topic, it is going to be hard to persuade people that the USA will someday be 2nd best.

niceties55 said:
I need some sources for a speech i am doing,

It is a Speech on proving that China (if not now, will soon be) is more powerful than the USA.

I mean thet make all our stuff, know our technologies, and have over 2x the amount of people we have.

Any help will be appreciated, I do need at least 3 sources. Thanks

The reason China makes all of our shit is because we pay them 2 cents an hour for it. CHEAP LABOR! We own China, hands down. What technologies do they know that is so over-whelming exactly? Stealth? Well congrats for them on JUST now learning stealth. We knew how to make stealth back in the 60s, F-117A Nighthawk ring any bells? We're beyond your standard stealth, in fact, it's so advanced that they're going to make the entire U.S.A.F Attack, Fighter, and Bomber aircraft entirely stealth. B-3, JSF (F-35), and F-22A are prime examples of this.

Will China ever be more powerful then the U.S? No. Will some other country? Probably, my bet is on Russia or Germany. Germany has far superior armor and artillery units then the U.S does and it also has a pretty damned good army as well. That and the U.S will probably sell JSFs to Germany and her Allies, as they're cheap and a jack-of-all-trades aircraft.

China has more people, a lot of countries have more people, but people does not translate into power. Power comes from the objects used to destroy people. In which case your leading countries would be America, Russia, Germany, India, China, as well as France and some others. If you want to talk about sheer man power in comparison to China then by all means Russia has every country on the planet beat, but just because they have more people does not mean they are more powerful.

And besides, one thing I find myself always asking is why does mankind always have to be at war with itself? Why does one nation always have to out do the other? It's not a competition, no one here on this earth DESIRES to kill others. Experiences and motives drive that, not the human nature.

In either case I have military and war written all over me and my family. I'm enlisting in the Navy in one year, my uncles, grandfathers, and grandparents all served in a war, in fact, my grandmother was born in a Nazi concentration camp. My father got a full scholarship to West Point, but declined to pursue something related to Drafting, which is like an Architect but slightly different.

*sigh* Will America ever be replaced? In my opinion, no. Why? Because if you have ever seen the movie, "Why we Fight" you'll understand exactly what I'm saying. Yes I said the U.S will probably be 2nd best sometime down the road, but not for a long, long time. Well past our life times, that's for sure.

Which by the way, if you want an awesome source, watch the movie "Why We Fight". In fact, i highly recommend everyone watch it, you'll learn about why America is the way it is and why we fight so damn much and so damn often and how it's affecting this country and it's people.

British Empire was once the most powerful place in the world, things change. I think China will become the worlds leading power source in many areas. Personally, and no offence to any Bush lovers here, but im scared of ur president, hes a mad man, Blair isnt much better either.

Unfortunately, I disagree. Some people say that I'm a conspiracy theorist, but it seems to me, that when we are "allies" with China, and they are slowly milking us for everything we've got(technology mostly), and this is supported by the fact that Chinese is the second most spoken language on the internet, and is closing in on first. Not to mention that they refuse to stand with us(The united states), with our position on Iran, and North Korea, because China, being the lovely communist state that they are, happen to be allies with North Korea as well(possibly funding N. Korea's Nuclear Program?). Don't get me started... The problem you're faced with now is the actual information. I suppose if you're writing a persuasive piece, then the bias of the information doesn't matter so much, but you still have to be careful the slant that is put on things reguardless of where you find it. You best bet would be to formulate you're own inferences and use current events to back them up, cite the wall street journal, or the new york times(as much as that pained me to say).

Anubis1980 said:
British Empire was once the most powerful place in the world, things change. I think China will become the worlds leading power source in many areas. Personally, and no offence to any Bush lovers here, but im scared of ur president, hes a mad man, Blair isnt much better either.

The British Empire failed for a lot of reasons. All of which the U.S does not share with the British Empire. Nor Roman Empire, or any other Empire before ours. America is an Empire, it has many colonies. Only, we don't call them colonies, we simply have a conflict with them, and then, make them democratic. Haiti, Philippines, Iraq, Kuwait, Granada, Panama, and many others, are all colonies of the U.S. All of which we we have deployed troops to at some point in time, then, established a leader who was 'democratic' and supported U.S Foreign Policy. It may not be an official take over, but when you send in troops, walk over their country, appoint a leader that best fits YOU, it might as well be a take over or a colony.

Tommy Boy said:
The United States has been, is and will always be the most powerful country in the world, no matter what anyone says. On all levels. Just because China has more people, and more technology doesn't mean they're going to be more powerful than us someday.

You might want to pick another topic, it is going to be hard to persuade people that the USA will someday be 2nd best.

It's only been powerful for 100 years. In the next 20 years US will have a major downfall.

DJ-CHRIS said:
It's only been powerful for 100 years. In the next 20 years US will have a major downfall.

lol. uh huh. And that's based upon...what, opinion? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom