Are these computers good?

Plus, you're getting Vista Home Premium with it!!!! Should be fun. I just hate the integrated video controllers, especially when you plan on playing all those good games. It's all right though.

I'm also looking for good deals on laptops as well. But I'm rather picky. It must be using Core 2 Duo CPU and no less. From the reviews I've seen, they are faster and more energy efficient than any of the AMD CPUs.

Yeah, right now, Intel is kicking AMD's *ss. For once, Intel has a nice, stable, cool running, energy efficient, powerful processor, not bad for one processor. Normally, the have 6 processors, and each of them has 1 of those qualities.

With the 6100? I don't think so. Integrated is integrated after all. Oh and watch out for the amount of RAM it consumes. Integrated graphics generally share the RAM with the computer itself, so when the brochure says that it's up to 256MB, don't think that it has dedicated RAM. It can use up to that much RAM from the system itself. ;)

Just save up more money and buy a better video card.

alvino said:
With the 6100? I don't think so. Integrated is integrated after all. Oh and watch out for the amount of RAM it consumes. Integrated graphics generally share the RAM with the computer itself, so when the brochure says that it's up to 256MB, don't think that it has dedicated RAM. It can use up to that much RAM from the system itself. ;)

Just save up more money and buy a better video card.
only thing is , he will need to ensure he has a good enough psu or he will need to upgrade that at the same time , usually pre built come with rubbish psu like 300W that acer you are looking to buy has a 250w psu so if you get a better graphics card also get a better psu if needed

Building one might actually be cheaper than buying one new, at least when you take into account the upgrading you'll need to do to this one, but you'll need to buy the os.

Daeva said:
Building one might actually be cheaper than buying one new, at least when you take into account the upgrading you'll need to do to this one, but you'll need to buy the os.
hmm could get away with buying an oem version , but i agree it would be cheaper building your own , and it would be more rewarding and you can have full control over the components that go inside it

Back
Top Bottom