Who would win, Bruce Lee or Muhammad Ali?

I wish i could get into it. I'm a runner so i have some God given talent for super endurance. I may not be super fast, but I can go forever and ever. I wish i could apply that talent to something better and not so boring. I stopped running because it was just, boring...

Im the opposite of you haha, I run very fast, but i run out of breath after 800m or so.

alvino said:
Yeah, I don't see anything special about him. He's like Chuck Norris. Uses the film industry to gain popularity. He's not even that great of an actor. :p Becides, he was influcenced by the greats like Bruce Lee.

Can Tony Jaa do a one hand pushup with two fingers? Doubt it.

Well, considering that Dan Inosanto said that Jaa is the closest comparison to Lee that he has seen since Bruce's death, I'd say they are fairly well matched. Plus he (Jaa) trains for 8 hours a day. Which is about the same amount of time that Bruce trained daily during his peak.

I have respect for both equally though. so none of this who would win crap really matters.

Cool to know that someone else knows about martial arts. So, is Kung Fu efective in combat? I want to go and train in China someday. They have a martial arts tornament without any rules. I love jiu jitsu and shotokan, Judo is fine too. Muai Thai may be the next art I learn. I am also trying to find a master of wushu. Does anyone practice Wushu?

Kung Fu is effective in combat, and it is mainly a movie style though...im currently a blackbelt in shotokan karate do. Ju jitsu is pretty dang cool... alot of arm bars, breakin wrists etc. Wushu..is mainly an american movie style now too, which is what i hate, they have "americanized" most martial arts and have forgot the traditional ways..unlike ours, shotokan karate do...

JikuzeN said:
Im the opposite of you haha, I run very fast, but i run out of breath after 800m or so.

You seem VASTLY knowledgeable about martial arts, what should I be looking for if I was to want to learn Judo or, maybe, assuming you can, Shaolin?

I do not take traditional classes, I train with a former champion of jiu jitsu, Master Lin Kim Chun. He learned it from his grandfather when he was a kid. The grandfather was part of the samurai class, so he was tuaght PURE jiu jitsu, not the watered down crap they teach in america. As far as Shotokan goes, I practice the stances and strikes associated to supplement the jiu jitsu training I have. I do not target wrists and arms like classes teach you, I go for targeting the neck and spine. The true art of Jiu Jitsu is lethal, so I have to use self control when sparring with opponents from other arts. How about any else?

umm... I've pretty much only just decided to post in this thread.

but who will win,
Bruce Lee, or Muhammed Ali?

lets look at this in a logical sense shall we, Muhammed Ali seems to have the rather obvious impairment that he actually has Parkinsons disease, whilst bruce lee is actually dead, so I'd hardly say that they are playing on a level playing field to start with.

but it seem Muhammed is winning so far.

honestly though, I do see the point of the question, and I thikn it's obvious, there is a fundamental diffference between boxing, and martial arts. Boxing is a much slower sport, where punches are not quite so carefully calculated, whislt martial arts tends to be a lot quicker.

so at the peak of their careers if they were matched against each other it seems fairly obvious that Bruce Lee would win.

I'm pretty sure the question was asking who would win while both were at their peak, not at their current state. :p

Back
Top Bottom