laptop or desktop? wich is better for me?

mycompsucks9898

Baseband Member
I want to play games. Like BF2 and such. I know that laptops just can handle games like that.But I dont have lots of room in my house for another desktop. I do lots of DVD burning and converting so would a laptop be good for that? I also use MSN, Internet,email...the usual. IF i do en-up getting a laptop what games could i play?

my laptop (see sig) cant run bf2 :( .... it was kind of a cheapie one though. if you buy a decent enough one then it will run it fine. it sounds like a laptop will suit you best.

If you do get a laptop for BF2, make sure it has at least a GO7600 or higher, and a 7200 RPM hard drive. 5400 RPM drives take forever to load BF2, I know from experience.

Now if i play games like BF2...my laptop would heat up? right? should i like play for and hour and let it cool off for like 30min?

It's not a bad idea, but it should be able to keep itself cool for extended periods of time if the need ever came. I usually take breaks every so often when gaming anyway.

U can get a nice Alienware laptop with SLI 7900s, u do pay for it tho ;)

And i was gona mention the heat too, Burning creates a bit of heat from the DVD drive, mine always get red hot. So if u do a lot of burning and game playing, a desktop might be the best option. If you have limited room, you could try getting a small Desktop case, and wall mounted LCD, wirless keyboard etc so they can be stored away.

Back
Top Bottom