8800 Ultra?

THEpiGUY

Daemon Poster
"It seems that NVIDIA is planning for a higher clocked GeForce 8800 Ultra and a cheaper GeForce 8400GS card."

Just thought I'd share this with you all. Looks like they may be upping the clocks a bit to rival the release of the R600. Me like. :D
http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4727

If it's just higher clocks, then I'm not really impressed. I still want to see final releases for mid-range cards from both companies.

cabbspapp said:
If it's just higher clocks, then I'm not really impressed. I still want to see final releases for mid-range cards from both companies.

Same +1

Think i will upgrade eventually, sick of sli problems lol. They a bit too expensive at the mo tho, ill wait til the ATI's come out and the price war starts.

hey lamb of god, did u get that signature from the book Fight Club by Chuck sumthing?

EDIT: quadros way too expensive

spywarebanisher said:
hey lamb of god, did u get that signature from the book Fight Club by Chuck sumthing?

EDIT: quadros way too expensive

yepp one of my fav movies

cabbspapp said:

Yeah, I too would like to see some new architectural advancements in the 8xxx series, but it is also rumored to use GDDR4 memory. As of now no one except nVidia really knows what the 8800 Ultra will hold.

It may even be a downclocked 8800GTS. Notice how the card is located below the 8800GTS, and the list appears to be going down in order of performance. Weird, I know, but you can't help but to notice that pattern. That way, the price would most likely be lower than that of the GTS, and it would probably be a great overclocker. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be that way though, worse than the GTS. If I find out anything else, I'll post back.

Im a lot more weary now with Nvidia. Im disappointed with my card, it runs great when the drivers work! I spent a fortune on the card, and the new drivers dont like it. Its almost like they said sod it weve got the new 8800 now lets forget about decent 7 series drivers.

Back
Top Bottom