Zalman 9700 increase heat?

At least on the Arctic Silver website, it just says to put a rice grain size drop and install the cooler.

i would take it apart, clean the surface and re apply the thermal paste and make sure you spread it evenly and correctly across the surface.

If u have exhaust fans at the back make sure they arent blowing air onto the zalman. Ive ordered one of those heatsinks and i read somewhere that the fans at the back need to be sucking air out of the pc for it to run efficiently.

Anubis1980 said:
If u have exhaust fans at the back make sure they arent blowing air onto the zalman. Ive ordered one of those heatsinks and i read somewhere that the fans at the back need to be sucking air out of the pc for it to run efficiently.

In the instructions for a vertical setup you want the fan facing toward the front of your pc. The fan blows back across the fins and out the exhaust fan. If you want more cold airflow for the fan to catch you could purchase a 5.25" fan for 3 of your drivebays. That would blow cold air directly towards the fan. Here's how it should look mounted.

FanCloseup.jpg

So basically like i said? so the fans at the back act as an exhaust and suck the hot air out from the zalman, fans at the front of the pc, blow cooler air into the pc onto the zalman? sorry its late and im tired ;)

Oh and can i ask, did u have to take out ur mobo to mount it? and is it hard lol, dreading taking my pc to bits, such a pain in the backside. Is the pc turned on in that foto? the fan isnt blurred so if it is on it must be going dead slow.

Woo I found the difference!!!!

I didnt notice before, but I was looking at Bios and notice CPU multiplier went from x8 to x10

Im guessing my Bios must automatically change the specs depending on how cool the case is, because I didnt touch multiplier.

Can this happen?

Back
Top Bottom