Power issues

joenailface

Baseband Member
I took out one of my hard drives out of my computer and put it back in later on that day and the computer wouldnt turn on. ill try help out as much as i can now, no power is going into the pc at all, no fans are turning, everything is hooked up to the motherboard and the computer has worked with these exact settings before, i can post details of the hardware if need but any help would be appriciated :) cheers in advance guys

Do you have a different power supply that you can try? It's possible that the power supply died from something.

are there any lights on the motherboard itself?

are you saying the powersupply fan does not even spin?

make sure you have working power outlet/power cable before we move forward.

(easiest way to verify this is to take the power cable running from the PC and plug it into the monitor, and see if the monitor comes on)

i dont have a power supply i can put in it and im running a different computer from the same lead and socket, i also tried the lead in my amp and it works fine

try reseating RAM. Normally if this was a problem fans would still spin and/or you would get post beeps. But atleast we will be able to say we tried.

LambOfGod said:
are there any lights on the motherboard itself?

are you saying the powersupply fan does not even spin?

make sure you have working power outlet/power cable before we move forward.

(easiest way to verify this is to take the power cable running from the PC and plug it into the monitor, and see if the monitor comes on)

you will have to answer my questions before i can help you further.

no lights on the motherboard, psu fan doesnt spin and the power lead and outlet are working. sorry bout that lamb of god

joenailface said:
no lights on the motherboard, psu fan doesnt spin and the power lead and outlet are working. sorry bout that lamb of god

At this point i would be leaning towards the Powersupply as being the culprit.

If there is a friends/relatives PSU you could borrow to verify that would be your best bet, or pick one up at staples for $40

that is your call, but that is the next step i would take.

let me know if this solves your problem or not man,

ill probably just get a lend of one and if thats the problem ill send it back, i only bought the thing 2 weeks ago

heh turns out one of the pins for the cable connected to my on button got broken, but i found the pin and put a paper clip in its place and its working fine now :D thanks for all your efforts though guys, very much appriciated :)

Back
Top Bottom