The joys of life, and finaces.

Hmm....that is a pickle....

You may be able to find a car for $100 bucks.....it might be a little POS and a fixer upper, but it might get you around so you can get to school and work.

Tommy Boy said:
Hmm....that is a pickle....

You may be able to find a car for $100 bucks.....it might be a little POS and a fixer upper, but it might get you around so you can get to school and work.

It's so damn embarrasing driving the car I have sitting outfront. it's a POS and honestly scares the living shit out of me to drive. it has a broken exhaust manifold, tires are balled, you can see the white treads in them. lol. Not only that but the gas gauge is broken, and it smells...

But, I guess one Pro is that it gets insanely good gas mileage. :D

Jenox said:
It's so damn embarrasing driving the car I have sitting outfront. it's a POS and honestly scares the living shit out of me to drive. it has a broken exhaust manifold, tires are balled, you can see the white treads in them. lol. Not only that but the gas gauge is broken, and it smells...

So you do have a car to drive? or that is one of your parents' cars?

Take the $100 bucks and fix it up a little. You can maybe find some good used tires for it to make it a little safer.

Jenox said:
Well, that's always good.

We took my one friend's '95 Buick something or other and repainted it, it looks awesome. It's like this dark red cherry type color.

I do have an extra car, however, the keys are lost. I'm thinking maybe a straight-edge screw driver and some brute force might get it to start up, not to sure yet though. But I DO have an extra car, just, it scares the crap out of me to drive and is probably the most broken down POS ever.

I do have an extra car, however, the keys are lost. I'm thinking maybe a straight-edge screw driver and some brute force might get it to start up, not to sure yet though. But I DO have an extra car, just, it scares the crap out of me to drive and is probably the most broken down POS ever.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post my internet disconnected or something and it reposted. Delete the first post or second it doesn't matter.

how old are you?

just get the bus.. they dont cost that much, and if your a student, itll be cheaper too..

That car sounds like a death trap!! but like the others said maybe u cud spend the 100 on fixing it up, scrap yards have cheap bits that shud be ok for the meantime until u can afford something else.

mark thorpe said:
how old are you?

just get the bus.. they dont cost that much, and if your a student, itll be cheaper too..

I'm 18, the city bus is always late and the routes don't go by my school, so it's a tad bit difficult. *sigh* :(

just fix the POS car that you already have.

you might have to take the bus for a week or so and walk a bit whilst you save up a bit more money, but to be honest it'd be better to look like a retard than to skip school and miss out on anything that might be important.

driving with Bald tyres is dangerous. but you might not have to get new tyres, you might be able to get some 'fairly' good condition tyres at a scrap yard for a lot less.
the best bit about that is that you can just take the wheel rims as well so you won't end up having to pay for fitting them either.
(just drive to the yard and swap the wheels!)

The manifold hole is not dangerous, but it is something that'll be an annoyance, are you able to fix the hole, or will you need a new Manifold?

the thing is that if you have a car, it might be a big pile-o-shite, but when you've only got a hundred bucks to get another car you should probably go with this saying, "better the Devil you know than the Devil you don't"

or in other words, don't waste your hundred buying another POS that can sit rusting next to the first!

Back
Top Bottom