New Build

Leathal said:
ok i tired it with nothing but the fan and the cpu should i be hearing any sort of beeping?

yes you should, you shoulda heard it along time ago , When you were pulling the RAM and videocard...

Make sure you have a known working speaker
and like step 5 said

LambOfGod said:
5. Also try hooking up the small speaker in your pc to the CORRECT pins on the mobo to get a diagnostic beep code. (consult your motherboards manual if you dont know where these are)

and if your not getting any beep after you try that, its obviously one of the 3 parts causing the problem.

1. CPU
2. Motherboard
3. Power Supply

well i have the internel speaker connected to the right part and its a new psu but i dont know about the mobo or the cpu

Leathal said:
well i have the internel speaker connected to the right part and its a new psu but i dont know about the mobo or the cpu

I would try to get another CPU or Mobo to test with, say from a friend or relative.

and never rule out somthing just cuz its new like the PSU, i have seen plenty of DOA hardware in my day.

well if the psu was dead it wouldnt power up would it ? and i dont have any friends with intel lol and im the only one in the family with a pc xD

Leathal said:
well if the psu was dead it wouldnt power up would it ? and i dont have any friends with intel lol and im the only one in the family with a pc xD

well it could be Dead -- or Dying-- or too weak..

if it is turning on it does not mean it is working, it could still be faulty.

since you have no friends or fam that can help you,
I would go to a PC store, buy the suspected faulty component try it, if it works keep it, if it dont return it. and try the next one on the list.

or you could buy them all in one shot, and get it done in one trip.
(then return the ones you dont need)

have you made sure the speaker is wired to teh board correctly? some of them require to be hooked up specifically with specified positive and negitives. If this is teh case, make sure they are right

i do agree with lamb, at this point its either going to be processor, mobo, and Powersupply.

from personal experiance, i would put a bad motherboard at the top of this list, closly followed by a dying powersupply

Back
Top Bottom