The joys of life, and finaces.

Jenox

BSOD
So, a few weeks ago, up until last Friday, I was in some serious financial shit. I had one bank account over-drawn due to U.S Bank not clarifying why Card Withholds would not be deducted from my Available Balance. They cleared up some of the charges because of their own faults, but $185 dollars later, and with the just some how perfectly timed electronic deposit of my tax returns, it cleared the account with a $0 balance, and then I got another tax return deposit into that account from the State, pulled the funds, and made a new bank account.

Then, all is well, life is good and great, then boom, last night, my parents say this to me, "Oh by the way son, your mother got a new job so her and I will no longer commute together, you have two weeks to buy a new car. And we don't have money to help out very much" And I'm like :eek: wtf. So, after all that, I'm sitting here, wondering, HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO GET A NEW CAR!! Because I have $100 in the bank and not a cent more. I'd like to think in the end it'll all work out, but uh, yeah, it's not lookin' so good.

So, that's my rant about finances and the joys of life. :D

Feel for ya. When i was at uni i never had any money. Still like 15000 pounds in debt from it, like $28k scary!!!

Bit harsh of ur parents isnt it! Do u have a job?

My job, given the weather and the shifts I work, is not possible to bike or work. it's way to cold and I work late at night, and the routes to work aren't very "biker" friendly.

I guess $28K is worse then me, but hey, you got a degree and that money can be paid off, as for me, I have no idea how I'm going to get a vehicle or even how much it's going to cost.

Raffaz said:
Welcome to life :)

Oh please believe, this is NOT the first time this has happened. I've been in the shitter a few times before this, always came out alive, but uh, this time, not looking to good.

My degree is classical civilisations, about as useful as a chocolate fire guard, i tell ya, and this sums it up for me, At uni in the toilets someone had put on the toilet roll dispenser, pull her for BA degree ceritificates lol.

Hope u get it all sorted, but like Raffaz said, welcome to life.

Looks like you are going to have to bum rides from friends or maybe parents when they can until you save up enough money to buy a car, or a moped.

Yeah man, it wouldn't be such a problem if I had a better job. That's the bottleneck, the job. The source of income.

Tommy Boy said:
Looks like you are going to have to bum rides from friends or maybe parents when they can until you save up enough money to buy a car, or a moped.

That there lies the problem, none of my friends go to the same school as me, or it's WAY out of the way. I make little-to-no-money at my job. But I don't see the point in getting a new job quite yet until I graduate. *sigh* Stupid school, so pointless. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom