Vista used in less than 1% of PCs

I'm not even waiting for SP1, I'm waiting for SP2. SP1 will fix stuff, but there's even more things that need to be fixed.

i wouldn't say that jenox. as a matter a fact i would say windows is more anti-virus than unix is. the only reason unix doesn't get virus's anymore is because no 1 is using unix. It's 50 years old. if hackers and virus's were made for unix then unix would go down the drain real fast, imo.

MooseMan said:
i wouldn't say that jenox. as a matter a fact i would say windows is more anti-virus than unix is. the only reason unix doesn't get virus's anymore is because no 1 is using unix. It's 50 years old. if hackers and virus's were made for unix then unix would go down the drain real fast, imo.
I think it's just that in general, people who know enough about computers to use a Unix based OS also know enough to protect their computers from viruses.

TRDCorolla said:
Yes, that is so true. Microsoft is already under development for their new OS scheduled to release in 2011 roughly. Vista will be quite common very soon. Majority of new retail PCs have Windows Vista preloaded on them with a few still using XP Pro SP2. Eventually, every PC will make the jump to Vista at least within the year.

Yep, it's codenamed Windows "Vienna" (formally Windows "Blackcomb")..heres some brief information...

http://www.answers.com/topic/windows-vienna

Matt

I bet it'll be cool, and revolutionary, but we're all so used to the current Windows interface, I hope they don't completely throw it away...

freestyler105 said:
I bet it'll be cool, and revolutionary, but we're all so used to the current Windows interface, I hope they don't completely throw it away...

Yeah that's why I said it's a lame idea, because MS is asking for every Windows user to convert to a new UI and start from almost scratch. Older folk are BARELY growing accustomed to Windows XP/Vista, this "Vienna" would completely be a step back in making people accustomed to PCs.

ive been using vista for a few weeks now, and havnt had any problems. im running it on 512 RAM, no probs.. all this stuff about how bad it is is OTT IMO, it works perfectly fine for me...

Back
Top Bottom