Vista used in less than 1% of PCs

superman22x said:
Once the bugs are fixed it'll be awsome, I just think the video driver probelm is horrable. I can barely play BF2142.
you know i havn't seen many bugs with vista first hand myself. My friend just installed his 8800GTS and put vista on the computer and his runs perfectly. When i had vista on my computer i didn't have any problems either, it was simply a motherboard issue because ASUS is slow as hell to putting out updates.

I never had any problems either. Given, I only used it for a few days, but I thought it was pretty good. My setup was:
Athlon X2 3800+
3 GB PC3200 RAM
7600GT
550 Watt PSU

The only driver they don't have released yet is for my USB wireless adapter.

From what i used of it i liked it. Just wish the Nvidia drivers worked properly. Theyve released another beta now for Vista that allows Gforce 6 and 7 users to have SLI finally, cant try it tho as my vista has become corrupted on my usb drive...

A friend told me today that in 5 years the next MS OS is coming out. Man, wtf, we need more time then that...:rolleyes:

Yes, that is so true. Microsoft is already under development for their new OS scheduled to release in 2011 roughly. Vista will be quite common very soon. Majority of new retail PCs have Windows Vista preloaded on them with a few still using XP Pro SP2. Eventually, every PC will make the jump to Vista at least within the year.

yeah, but still. I don't see the point in going to vista when in like, 4 years a new OS comes out, and thats DX11. We're not even at DX10 yet. *sigh* just video cards and no games, wtf...

god vista is bad for gaming btw.

World of Warcraft on XP = 60 fps
World of Warcraft on Vista = 22fps

Well, I get like 45 fps on BF2142 with a 7900gs on mostly medium settings, but than everytime you move, it drops to like 2fps, like its freezing and than going, and repeating. Crappy drivers, according to nvidias website, I should be able to max settings out with a 7900gs. I say a month or two and hopefully it'll be working right.

I'm still looking to upgrade too, but haven't done anything yet. I'm still without a laptop, lol. Now that school's almost out, I can probably get away without using a laptop until this summer or later this fall. By that time, I hope SP1 will come out for Vista. That's the rumored scheduled release date. We'll see a bunch of improvements and fixes in that revision hopefullly.

Back
Top Bottom