11 Just upgraded to Time Warner RoadRunner Extreme

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
It's rated 10Mbps download and like 3Mbps upload or something like that. Uploads are always slow so I don't care about that. Huge speed jump coming from 5Mpbs.

We want to get the Verizon FIOS, but it's not available in our area----yet. Fiber optics, whew, can't wait for that. 15Mbps is their basic transfer rate!!!! It's the same price as regular cable internet too, so it's pretty good deal if available in certain areas.

Yeah, looks like it. I'm paying $69.99 right now for cable internet and it's only 10Mbps. FIOS is $49.99 for 15Mbps!!!! That is a good deal, plus, it's fiber to the house too. There is a junction box Verizon needs to install with coax, fiber optic, and ethernet lines. It's great and total compatibility with anything. Only problem is availability in certain areas :(. Otherwise, I would jump on it.

24Mbps here through the phone line. 35€ p/m
crap ping at the moment but it is still a great deal

wtf... 24 mbps?! wow. oh rite optimum online is doing beta testing on a connection with 50mbps down/50mbps up amazing!

You are so lucky, I am stuck with 56k. We are waiting for T6broadband now, maybe like 2 months, than we will get like 3mb service. I though cable ran over fiber? BTW, whats the difference between cable, dsl, and broadband? Whats the best?

Yes, cable does run over fiber which is neat stuff. Time Warner and Verizon are competing with each other in the fiber optic networks. Very interesting to see who comes out on top. I love compeition. Promotes better and faster network at lower costs.

Cable/DSL are all broadband connections. I can explain this better because as of now, I'm working on my presentation in regards to TIme Warner Telecom. Broadband is basically referring to a wide number of frequencies that's made available to transmit information. Because a wide band of frequencies is available, information can be multiplexed and sent on many different frequencies or channels within the band at the same time, allowing more information to be transmitted in a given amount of time (example: having more lanes on a highway will allow more cars to travel on it at the same time). Then they're multiplexed (lanes combine onto a single high speed line).

TRDCorolla said:
It's rated 10Mbps download and like 3Mbps upload or something like that. Uploads are always slow so I don't care about that. Huge speed jump coming from 5Mpbs.

We want to get the Verizon FIOS, but it's not available in our area----yet. Fiber optics, whew, can't wait for that. 15Mbps is their basic transfer rate!!!! It's the same price as regular cable internet too, so it's pretty good deal if available in certain areas.

I have Verizon FiOS. It's sweet, $40 a month for super fast internet. What's cool about it is when i send files to people it boosts their download rate because my upload rate is so fast. Quite cool to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom