Elvis Presley

Brookfield

Golden Master
Amazing, I was just listening to BBC Radio4, & apparently Elvis's great, great, great, great etc grandfather was born in Scotland, the reporter had gone there on a freezing cold day, & the local vicar showed him the gravestone, there were other Presley's buried there too, have you guys heard of this?. The BBC guy is an huge Elvis fan, & he had been to Uzbeckistan where is a huge following & he played a recording of an Elvis number sung in the local dialect, just at the end the singer sang, distinctly in American English, "yeah baby yeah", incredible!, also he played a recording of a sound-alike singing "I'ts Now Or Never, in latin!!

No sounds interesting though, Mind u most Americans have roots in Europe or somewhere else, Unless u were a native, no one else lived there lol. Love Elvis though.

Anubis1980 said:
No sounds interesting though, Mind u most Americans have roots in Europe or somewhere else, Unless u were a native, no one else lived there lol. Love Elvis though.
Yep, I remember one of my history teachers has a large estate in Germany somewhere that's been in the family for hundreds of years even though he's been in the US all his life.

PCNoob said:
Yep, I remember one of my history teachers has a large estate in Germany somewhere that's been in the family for hundreds of years even though he's been in the US all his life.
Slightly off topic, there is a programme on BBC TV, where they unite people with long-lost relatives, brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents, & using the very latest technology, can trace ethnic groups back 20,000, 30,000 years, quite amazing, for example there is group "H", this is the commonest, the most widespread, that all those years ago, distributed their genes to practically all areas of the world.

joxley1990 said:
Brookfield, why did you edit my post?
Sorry, I couldn't get back to you quicker, I had four time-outs!, now, I don't understand, where is the post you said that I edited, if you mean completely deleted, I didn't do it :confused:

Back
Top Bottom