SLI help

Anubis1980

Daemon Poster
A while back i spent a fortune on my gfx card, expecting decent drivers that run it like its sposed to be run...

Wellll lol. In order for my card to work correctly as SLI, ive found the best drivers to be 93.81's tweaked from Tweaksrus.com. Now when i try and use the latest drivers from Nvidia, untweaked, they dont seem to work. I use NVTRAY and it says in it (on the 93.81) SLI enabled. I can change the modes etc, Whenever i use any other driver, this option disappears, ive selected use multi gpus in the control panel, but im not sure if nvtray is incompatible with certain drivers and SLI or if the card isnt running in sli.

I ran 3dmark and scored a lot less when i dont have 93.81 installed, like 2000 points cos i think sli isnt working. But according to the control panel it says sli is enabled. But like i said, in Nvtray it isnt...

Ive just tried the new Vista drivers (on vista lol), Same thing happens there. The new drivers enabled sli, but nvtray says it isnt enabled. Im not sure what to trust. Is there another way to see if SLI is really enabled and working? And why do the newer drivers not work well on a card that isnt very old.

Hope this makes sense, basically im pissed at my card and the inability for Nvidia to make decent drivers to get the best out of it lol.

1st wats the card gtx isnt good enough
second besides windows vista drives nvidia drive work just fine dont blame them because u cant figar something out

esa193 said:
1st wats the card gtx isnt good enough
second besides windows vista drives nvidia drive work just fine dont blame them because u cant figar something out

Thanks for such a helpful post as ever....

If u looked in my sig u wud see the card is 7950 GX2, hence why the sig is there. And the drivers dont work with my card, nothing to do with me not figuring it out, a lot of other people have had the same problems.

And Vista does now support SLI in beta for 6 and 7 they released a new beta driver i think on the 3rd March.

Back
Top Bottom