got lucky today (long)...

a little recap of my progress in assessing my acquisitions...

1. socket 478 Northwood 3.0 GHZ to replace 1.5 GHZ Willamette, though due to motherboard limitations, I have only been able to get it up to 2.575GHZ...

upgrade...

2. PNY NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 (128MB DDR) AGP video card to replace ASUS NVIDIA GeForce MX 4000 (64MB) AGP video card, dvds play much better with the FX 5600...

upgrade...

3. 2x512MB DDR, haven't checked it out yet, don't have ddr, just sdram on my ASUS P4B, I have a friend who uses ddr in his computer, will find out soon...

the acquisition has been a great success so far for $60...

That's sweet. You're making me jealous, I can't wait until I get my RAM, I had to RMA it. Should be coming Monday.

freestyler105 said:
That's sweet. You're making me jealous, I can't wait until I get my RAM, I had to RMA it. Should be coming Monday.

I have never, EVAAAAAR spent any real $ on computers before, so even though my Neweggventure should arrive Monday, mobo, processor, ddr2 ram, heatsink, fan, video card, psu and round IDE cables, I have something to play around with in the mean time...

LG baby, LG...

wol-va-rine said:
I have never, EVAAAAAR spent any real $ on computers before, so even though my Neweggventure should arrive Monday, mobo, processor, ddr2 ram, heatsink, fan, video card, psu and round IDE cables, I have something to play around with in the mean time...

LG baby, LG...

EXACTLY(even the round cables) parts ive been shopping for all weekend(had a 3 day weekend school was out) i came up a
pentium d 2.66 71$ ----dual core :p
msi mobo too lazy to find out model 54$
2gig(2x 1gig) corsair xms 170$
loygis psu 575 watts pci e 30$ -----got a loygis alien case and ccfl for x-mas its pretty nice
nvida 7600gt 120$
vantec cables 10$
all for under 500$

im sad tho i cant order until i get enough from my umpiring job(im only 13 but really good with computers) and thats till mid june LOL but prices will drop specially on the cpu and if i make enough hopefully a better mobo

rudster816 said:
EXACTLY(even the round cables) parts ive been shopping for all weekend(had a 3 day weekend school was out) i came up a
pentium d 2.66 71$ ----dual core :p
msi mobo too lazy to find out model 54$
2gig(2x 1gig) corsair xms 170$
loygis psu 575 watts pci e 30$ -----got a loygis alien case and ccfl for x-mas its pretty nice
nvida 7600gt 120$
vantec cables 10$
all for under 500$

im sad tho i cant order until i get enough from my umpiring job(im only 13 but really good with computers) and thats till mid june LOL but prices will drop specially on the cpu and if i make enough hopefully a better mobo

hopefully by June you'll be able to say "all for under $400"...

freestyler105 said:
Not bad temps, but certainly not extremely good either.

pentium 4 processors can withstand a maximum temperature of about 80* C. he's got a lot to give...I would know, I used to own a P4 and OCed the shit out of it. It's got a lot of headroom...

wol-va-rine said:
hopefully by June you'll be able to say "all for under $400"...
no im going to spend all my money expect enough so i can buy company of heros but im getting a X2 3600+ 1.9 Brisbane firgured out that if i get a good enough chip i might be able to OC it to a 5000+ with less cache and fsb. one guy said he got a screenshot off at 3.4. also no need for crazy cool at 65nm and 65 watts just an artic cooler 64 will get it up to 3.0 with 50c max :p

wol-va-rine said:
a little recap of my progress in assessing my acquisitions...

1. socket 478 Northwood 3.0 GHZ to replace 1.5 GHZ Willamette, though due to motherboard limitations, I have only been able to get it up to 2.575GHZ...

upgrade...

2. PNY NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 (128MB DDR) AGP video card to replace ASUS NVIDIA GeForce MX 4000 (64MB) AGP video card, dvds play much better with the FX 5600...

upgrade...

3. 2x512MB DDR, haven't checked it out yet, don't have ddr, just sdram on my ASUS P4B, I have a friend who uses ddr in his computer, will find out soon...

the acquisition has been a great success so far for $60...

last update...

both 512MB sticks of DDR Ram are good to go, I put them in a friends computer and they work fine, we will be working out a trade sometime soon, but for now they are still in his pc (he only has 2 slots, so he basically doubled his memory, he owes me until arrangements are made, I'll think of something)...

all for $60 :D ...

Back
Top Bottom