need drivers for PNY NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
I installed this card and want to get the drivers right, it's weird, but the driver download for this card on the NVIDIA site is the exact same for my ASUS GeForce MX 4000...

both are AGP, but the FX 5600 is 128MB, while the MX 4000 is only 64MB...

should I just put my MX 4000 back in...?

Atomic Rooster said:
Have you tried an older set of drivers? Here's their driver archive: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

The FX5600 is the better card, not by much really, but it is better. Try an older driver set. Something in the 81xx versions maybe.

What problems are you having exactly?

the screen became HUUUUUGE...

nvidiavc.jpg

I will try to download the older drivers, thanx...

um.... NVIDIA prides themselves on all their video drivers workin for all of their cards.

if the screen is still huge after driver install, jsut re-do the resolution and you should be good to go.

{EDIT} NOD32 FTW! lol sorry, saw the icon.

Atomic Rooster said:
When that happened, did you go into the display properties and reset the resolution to one you like?

the resolution that works best with my monitor wasn't available, so I shut down...

I started the computer back up and the resolution became available when I went back in and reset it (1280x1024)...

it's running now off the windows drivers, but I want to get the NVIDIA control panel back...

Ok. In the Nvidia control panel, make sure you are in Advanced View. Click on the Display button. Under the Appearance bar, click on Manage custom timings. In the next window, check the box next to Allow modes not exposed by the display. Then you should be able to select the resolution you need. :D

Back
Top Bottom