Worst PC Brand??

we have companies in the uk who think that a dual core , think it was a pentium D 2.8ghz actually was 5.6ghz, was quite funny actuallly cos when i rang them and asked them how they overclocked a pentium D to 5.6ghz they hung up

also there is a duplicate post prob here cos i had one before and then borat_sagdiyev just had one

dells sux becouse they give people who dont no shit about computers a shit computer for way to much money
and compaq suxs 4 the same reason at lest before they became hp
hp gateway and acer are awsome but usaly r much better when u order online

esa193 said:
dells sux becouse they give people who dont no shit about computers a shit computer for way to much money
and compaq suxs 4 the same reason at lest before they became hp
hp gateway and acer are awsome but usaly r much better when u order online
You're on the edge of the rules there:
Rules said:
* Flaming product brands

-When in the for sale board, 'brand suck' should be edited and the user informed that this kind of thread is not allowed.

-'brand suck'
These will be edited.

compaqs are ok. my desktops done my proud. toshibas are ok. although my laptop build feels quite cheap when compared with my friends compaq. maybe because mine was cheap :p

i'll do my rateings from personall experiance in both repairing, and calling them for warranty repairs for customers.

worst off is dell. their machines under $1000 are crap. they make up (by they, i mean those under $1000) make up about 75% of our sevice department, altho i'm sure this is partly because most people are under the impression that they are the best out there.

second worst is emachines. they would be worse than dell, but their tech support is better.

next is gateway. in my house, and at work, i've seen them use crappy parts, and reformat hard drives without telling customer's what they are doing, only to piss off the customer when their data is gone. Dell has done this too, but not as often.

next, alien ware. Owned by dell, but higher end. typically, i don't see many of these, but when i do the problems are catastrophic. tech support are teh same people, jsut different note cards taht they are reading off of.

now things start to get better

i will start with compaq. good systems but tech support sucks.

HP, better than compaq. Tech support is getting better here. worst company i've delt with that has acutally had US tech support (sometimes.)

here i will put sony, toshiba and any other (besides the 2 after). I put these here because i havn't had enough experiance to give a good review. The occasional tech support calls go better than most, and the hardware is decent quality.

Best mainstream in my oppinion would be Acer. Of the countless times i've called them, i've always gotten an American on the other end. Unlike just about every other company, their support personal do not read off of a script, and don't keep transfering you to techs higher than themselves. Odds of you calling them tho, slim. Their equipment is top-notch and good quality.

Finally would be the small-chain/self-built computers. Self-built is obvious. You can call yourself and get tech support, and you know the quality of machine you are getting before you build it. Small chain stores generally build quality machines. they need too to keep you from going to the big-gun manufacturers. You will also see that most have in-store techsupport so not only do you have the option to call them, but you can also talk to them inperson.

like i've said, this is all from personal experiance working with these companies at work. none of these are just "i've seen one bad dell, so they are all bad". its from an overall perspective of what i have seen in their products.

I've already said I don't like dell, but I will say that their business products are pretty good. I especially like their latitude lineup, my dad has had his for over 5 years without a single problem. HP is a good brand, I had one about 6 years ago and it was alright, I didn't like the lack of upgradeability about it, but otherwise it was a great machine.
I've heard good and bad about compaq, I wouldn't buy one because their machines are a little low end for me but if I needed a cheap machine I'd probably get a compaq because they're owned by HP now, and they're cheap. HP has been known for their support and every HP product I've owned hasn't given me any grief.
emachines is a whole different story. Sure their machines are cheap, but they're not reliable. I had mine for under two years and I had both CD drives die, the PSU died eventually, and the PS/2 port for the mouse wouldn't work. I tried support numerous times on the PS/2 issue with no help and all I was told when I asked why I shoul buy another emachines was "We'll send you a box to send the machine to us in and we'll return it to you within 30 days" no thank you on that, Sure dell is bad but I will give them credit for not being that bad. At least with dell I didn't have to send anything back to them or in other words go out of my way to send a computer to them that they probably wouldn't do anything to.
Gateway is an alright brand in my opinion, my parents have one and its been less trouble than my dell. I doubt I'd buy one because of all the bloatware but they still make an alright PC.
I think brand experience varies with each person, some have had good and bad with every brand. Personally, my next PC will probably be a custom build and not another pre built.

You do raise a good point about everyones experiance. Thats why i based mine off of what i have seen of all of them. I need to see atleast 15 (that i can remember) to form an oppionion in my above thread. Its part of a reason i tell people (normally) to give a brand a second chance before saying they suck. Maybe the second comptuer will be good(er)

PS, yes i do know that "gooder" isn't a word.

Depends really. Dell is actually not bad. They've definately improved over the years. Gateway and eMachines (Gateway bought eMachines) are pretty good for the money too. Compaq was never that great and HP machines always got more attention despite the fact that HP bought Compaq. :p

Back
Top Bottom