pentium mmx upgrade

Actually my other friend found a pretty decent computer. It was a Pentium three at 800 mhz, a geforce 5200, 256 mb of RAM, and a 40 gig hdd. It was a cool looking case and a compaq. Some old guy was throwing it away. My friend was going to my house when he saw it. He asked if he could have it and he got it. His other computer had windows ME. and only a 550 mhz proc.

istonian said:
Actually my other friend found a pretty decent computer. It was a Pentium three at 800 mhz, a geforce 5200, 256 mb of RAM, and a 40 gig hdd. It was a cool looking case and a compaq. Some old guy was throwing it away. My friend was going to my house when he saw it. He asked if he could have it and he got it. His other computer had windows ME. and only a 550 mhz proc.

tell your friend to scour thrift stores and goodwills, I was trying to find an old machine with a socket 478 to replace my processor which crapped out and they had cheap, cheap systems that were way better than his...

1ghz, 20gb hdd, 256mb ram and XP for $100...

after he finds one, you can help him fine tune it...

That sounds like a good idea. I can try the pawn shop cause they had a decent one for 40 bucks once. Cd burner and good specs.

istonian said:
That sounds like a good idea. I can try the pawn shop cause they had a decent one for 40 bucks once. Cd burner and good specs.

my friend got an HP from a thrift store for $15 or $20 (I can't remember) because they couldn't get it to boot up, remember now, we're talking about a thrift store, how skilled in computers do you think their "computer guy" really is...?

he called me over and we got it running, it's now his main computer...

2ghz processor, 80gb hdd, cd burner, dvd drive, a built in card reader slot (or slots actually), and 512mb ddr ram...

he paid $20 max, unbelievable...

Wow. I will consider doing that. I get computers running for people all the time. I actually take away business from our local computer store.

p.s. the people at the local computer store are not that smart

istonian said:
Wow. I will consider doing that. I get computers running for people all the time. I actually take away business from our local computer store.

p.s. the people at the local computer store are not that smart

they almost never are, whenever I have a question I don't call/run to the nearest computer store, I just come here now...

before I found this site, I was just basically on my own...

Sooooo...... what I am now plan on doing is going to the local pawn shop and browsing there. I just fond a 500w PSU at Goodwill for under 5 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom