My friends comp

h25520062

In Runtime
My friend built a computer about a year ago and now it stoped working. So I went over to his house took his ram,harddrive,GFXcard,Cpu,powersupplly,and put it all into my computer. And it works. But when it is in his computer,I turned on the power supply with out even pressing the start switch and it starts up just the fans :confused: We took his battery out of his mobo and laid the mobo on a peice of cardboard(for 2 hours). And it still don't work. Im guessing his mobo is bad because it's just letting power to the fans without the start switch even being pressed. Am I wrong? I need some help.

It's possible it's a bad motherboard, but it's hard to say with no beep codes or anything. Try the classic unplug parts one by one until something works test, and if it never works, it must be the motherboard.

freestyler105 said:
It's possible it's a bad motherboard, but it's hard to say with no beep codes or anything. Try the classic unplug parts one by one until something works test, and if it never works, it must be the motherboard.
Yeah thats what I'm thinking I played around with it for hours. No Beeps either, also theres a bow in the mother board beacuse the only screws he can use are for the middle. Terrible case design.

h25520062 said:
Yeah thats what I'm thinking I played around with it for hours. No Beeps either, also theres a bow in the mother board beacuse the only screws he can use are for the middle. Terrible case design.
Yeah, then it would seem like the motherboard just died. Maybe it was related to the bow, maybe not.

Have you tried your PSU on his motherboard? Also, try resetting the CMOS on his mobo.

Back
Top Bottom