Vista used in less than 1% of PCs

it just came out
people usaly dont get a new os till they get a new comp (meaning offices schools retarded 50 year olds

Um.....windows vista just came out. Most new computers sold now are loaded with Vista, it'll take time.

Just thought it was interesting. I know it just came out, but still, you'd think it would be higher than 0.95%.

freestyler105 said:
Just thought it was interesting. I know it just came out, but still, you'd think it would be higher than 0.95%.
I don't know, I think that most people running xp right now are content to stay with it for now, since Vista is so expensive for one, and most will have to upgrade their pc for it to work. Like me, I'm content to stay with xp for now, I have no interest in upgrading to vista for the time being. I heard something like only 10 percent of the pc's in this country are even able to run Vista.

Tommy Boy said:
I don't know, I think that most people running xp right now are content to stay with it for now, since Vista is so expensive for one, and most will have to upgrade their pc for it to work. Like me, I'm content to stay with xp for now, I have no interest in upgrading to vista for the time being. I heard something like only 10 percent of the pc's in this country are even able to run Vista.
Same with me. Until DirectX 10 games become mainstream, I have no reason to upgrade.

another thing i heard ( may it be true or not) is that it requires you to register all of you songs...this could be a potential problem for some...

Kalgatha said:
another thing i heard ( may it be true or not) is that it requires you to register all of you songs...this could be a potential problem for some...
That's a common misconception.

Myth #9: You won't be able to play ripped music in Vista

Have you heard about the horrors of Vista's DRM (Digital Rights Management)? Some people have implied that it will prevent you from playing any music or movie files unless you download and pay for them online. Others are speculating that even the media you do buy may be blocked.

Interestingly, the people who are spreading this one all seem to be folks who have never used Vista (and, according to many of them, never will). The real story: I have no problem playing music files that were ripped from CDs on Windows Media Player 10 or in Vista's Windows Media Center application. Yes, I legally own the CDs, but Vista has no way of knowing that. All of the media that imported from my XP Windows Media Center computer, including recorded TV programs, played without a problem.

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10877-6156413.html

I'll get vista once DX10 games are mainstream, otherwise I have no reason to upgrade. I'm not too happy about HDCP either but I don't think that's coming until 2009 or something like that. I'm surprised windows 98 is even on the scale, I wouldn't waste my time with windows 98. If I had to go back to an older OS it would be windows 2000, 98 crashed too much and was buggy in my experience. I figured that the way microsoft and the media were hyping vista, it would be a lot higher than 0.95%

Back
Top Bottom