EU=Stupid

David Lindon said:
The EU is ridiculous. Its their product so they should charge what they like. I myself have been supprised with the pricing of the OEM versions of vista
Surprised good or bad? I think the OEM versions are an excellent value. $300 cheaper for Ultimate!

They pay these 'programers' heaps of cash, yet Vista is still shit! :p They release it when it clearly is not ready, oh well...

did anyone actually read the article?

it doesn't mention the pricing of Vista or the software, it involves the pricing of microsoft "technologies",

that's stuff like information as to how things work. it's all very well microsoft chaning the way things work, (like how they changed the TCP/IP stack between dos based windows and NT windows, but that information needs to be available, (though not freely available) to the people who are developing technologies along side microsoft products.
I.E to work with microsoft products.

the basis of this suit is that microsoft are effectivly pricing out smaller companies from being able to create toolsuits that make use of or provide trouble shooting etc for microsoft technologies by restricting the access to the information.

it all comes about because microsoft developed technologies in a closed source scenario in an apparant attempt to push others out of the market, (read up on the distrust law suits). microsoft were forced in court to stop their anti competative nature.
now they are being just as anti competative by making the intelectual property and information leagal, but difficult to obtain due to pricing.

and RE microsoft just withdrawing products and support from europe.
I honestly don't think that they could even if they wanted to. when they sold the product they sold a contract to provide support for that product as well.

and IF microsoft do say that they are withdrawing all products from Europe and making most europeans software pirates by saying that they can't have their software then I can only envisage two things.

either an influx of linux based windows clones in education and buisiness, (which literally wipes out mosr than half of micrsofts audience).
followed by the same software finding it way into peoples homes. wipping out another large percentage of Microsoft sales.

or,
Europeans will just whole heartedly embrase piracy, and since Microsoft forced the position, the courts will take a much lighter view of the situation and simply allow it.

so you're looking at two things.

either microsoft withdraw their software, and loose most of their legit customers, (there are more microsoft buyers in 'the whole' of Europe than their are in America).

or they froce people to be illegitimate customers, and loose their custom, whilst still furbishing them with software...

either way Microsoft will loose out big time.

freestyler105 said:
Surprised good or bad? I think the OEM versions are an excellent value. $300 cheaper for Ultimate!
Yes pleased with the pricing. The basic is ~ $100 which is very good for my country

David Lindon said:
Yes pleased with the pricing. The basic is ~ $100 which is very good for my country

Ditto. the original reports i was hearing had OEM prices between $50-125 higher than what they are now.

UK31337 said:
Why does it bother you? You're living on American soil inside that airbase, do you not get American goods at American prices?
Can I just ask, what sort of sig is that, capital letters mixed up with lower case, & why that phrase anyway :confused:

root , havent they done the same anticompettetive thing by using patch guard in vosta to keep out antivirus companies

Brookfield said:
Can I just ask, what sort of sig is that, capital letters mixed up with lower case, & why that phrase anyway :confused:

FYI some cretin keeps on editing my sig. Guess what, David goes all silent when I complain about it.

UK31337 said:
FYI some cretin keeps on editing my sig. Guess what, David goes all silent when I complain about it.
Can't think why he's like that, It does look strange, I can delete it for you if you like?

UK31337 said:
hey werent you a mod before , what happened there

Back
Top Bottom