Vista & Garrys mod

harrybo

Baseband Member
Right.... iv recently installed vista ultimate and I'm very addicted to Garry's mod at the moment BUT, On some maps my fps will randomly shoot down to less than 10FPS and when I look in a different direction or at the ground it will shoot back up again, I'm running a 8800GTX so it's not lack of graphics power I was just wondering if anyone has had or got this problem. My GFX drivers are the latest and Garry's mod is up to date. I'm thinking it's a simple compatibility problem that will be fixed with upcoming drivers and updates, I was just curious as to weather I'm not alone! Also if anyone is having this problem with any other games please let me know :) especially games such as CS: Source and half-life 2/episode 1 seen as they run on the same engine. Thanks for any help

YES, I have that same problem. But today I just downloaded some new drivers. 100.65, but I havent tried playing any games yet. But that was the same problem I was having on battlefield 2142. I'll go try it and get back to you.

Iv got the 100.65 drivers and still no difference :( i hope its just drivers and i dont have a faulty card.

Edit: I want this thread to become more public, im sure there are alot of people with our problem.

I don't know about all the drivers, because I just don't pay attention to those, but downgrade to the latest STABLE drivers.

And out of curiosity, how do you plan on making this more public?

Dont worry bout performance problems and vista. They go hand in hand and will do until better third party drivers r made. Only way u r going to enjoy ur card properly is on xp! until Nvidia get their fingers out and make decent drivers, this is the only reason im not on vista, i tried it and my card sucked big time. SLI wont even work for non 8800 series cards. 8800 is designed for vista and even those dont work properly lol.

Anubis1980 said:
Dont worry bout performance problems and vista. They go hand in hand and will do until better third party drivers r made. Only way u r going to enjoy ur card properly is on xp! until Nvidia get their fingers out and make decent drivers, this is the only reason im not on vista, i tried it and my card sucked big time. SLI wont even work for non 8800 series cards. 8800 is designed for vista and even those dont work properly lol.

Couldn't have said it better myself..I would definately wait at least 6 months if your a gamer and using Vista..

Matt

Back
Top Bottom