XP on 32MB of RAM and a P2

Jackson.MacKenzie said:
98 is less stable than 2000; IMO 2000 was one of MS's best releases... (NOT to be confused with ME, which is without a doubt the worst).
I agree. I liked 2000 better than XP, but I'm running XP now.

Umm to tbh on that specs I would just go back to Win 98......have never used 2000, so can't comment.........but used to like 98, took me a long while to transfer to XP

you could start that computer before you go to bed and by time u wake up the next day it will be just about ready to go.

funnily enough im doing this on my 32mb ram, 200mhz pentium pc right now. i had to put the hdd in another comp to install though. wasnt sure how to bypass 64 mb thing... its all good so far. although ive had problems with it in the past but this is like third time lucky. so how exactly did you bypass the 64mb thing and what tweaks have you applied?

You can install it if you have 64mb then after its installed take one of the ram modules out to get 32 or whatever.

hmm i kinda have xp running good on my old machine now, except my usb mouse will work for a bit, i can move it for a bit and use it normally then it randomly freezes. the red light still flashes on the bottom though and the comp still works with the keyboard. i have to start it up in diagnostic mode from msconfig as the normal mode seems to freeze the comp on the xp screen. well it did that ever since let xp install the drivers for stuff in safe mode.

sorry to hijack this thread but it seemed like a good place to ask. i still have the problem with the usb mouse. i enabled on chip usb in the bios and the same happens. now it wont even boot up normally, it freezes half way through the boot screen. only safe mode works. i remember it doing this the last time i tried to get xp running on this crappy pc. what could be wrong?

Back
Top Bottom