EU=Stupid

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
http://www.techspot.com/news/24502-microsoft-warned-by-the-eu-unreasonable-pricing.html

Good god the EU Is ticking me off picking on microsoft like this.

they awnt them to confirm to their price?

If the lawyer representing microsoft i'd say the following

"We work based on free trade, we decide the prices, if a compitotor wants to come along and challenge the price by going lower, we'll lower. We also don't give trade sercets away. Microsoft will price its products in the EU as it sees fit, Microsoft will nto reveal trade sercets to its competitors. If the EU has an issue with this, microsoft will stop selling its products in europe and consider all of its software in europe priated, therefore will receive NO SUPPORT from microsoft"

Can you not take the time to check your posts? Its a nightmare trying to read through all your mistakes.

Oh God, I saw the title and that it was posted by Nik, and I was ready for a flame war :p

Anyway, I agree, that's a bit ridiculous that they're challenging Microsoft by saying the prices are too high. I see where they're coming from, but I don't neccesarily agree with their claim.

Vista ultimate is 499 in the states. In europe they got a 20% higher tax.

Thats 100 bucks right there your talking basically 600, not only that its a higher cost to run a business in europe, thats why microsoft charges more, they have to spend more.

Why does it bother you? You're living on American soil inside that airbase, do you not get American goods at American prices?

That's the way British service personnel in Britain got their stuff, they even got the proper version of RTCW from the UK instead of the crappy German version with the Nazis taken out.

And anyway, why would MS withdraw from Europe? No big deal, really, it'd only lose them billions of dollars. And people would just torrent it all anyway, thus getting MS software for nothing. MS would achieve precisely bugger all by doing that.

Um, I actually don't live inside that big airbase...

In fact I only go to it for school/gym rarely do I shop there (cheaper off base with the vat tooken out of the picture)

Why do I care?

Because MS has done NOTHING wrong with its priceing. Its a free market.

I agree with the EU. If an entire organization says a corporation is over-pricing, then it probably is. And that company should change their prices accordingly.

I mean come on, how much wealth does Microsoft have? Come on now...don't be greedy Microsoft. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Nik said:
Because MS has done NOTHING wrong with its priceing. Its a free market.

Actually, they have done some wrong things. Look at the history of Microsoft, and all of it's anti-trust cases. If you seriously think MS is just this nice goody-goody company, you're sadly mistaken.

EDIT2: It's not a "free market", if you sell products in a certain region, you abide by THEIR rules. EU isn't America. There's different laws and regulations. MS is violating those.

Jenox said:
I agree with the EU. If an entire organization says a corporation is over-pricing, then it probably is. And that company should change their prices accordingly.

I mean come on, how much wealth does Microsoft have? Come on now...don't be greedy Microsoft. :rolleyes:
So you want them to take a loss just because they are an already successful corporation? I don't think so. They still need to make money.

Everyone says their prices are ridiculous, but they obviously don't understand the amount of work that must go into making the software.

They have to pay tons of programmers to program it initially, then people have to test it extremely thoroughly, and then the programmers have to fix the bugs. Then they go through that testing and fixing a hundred more times. People think it's simple, they write the code in a day's work, and sell it for $500.

freestyler105 said:
So you want them to take a loss just because they are an already successful corporation? I don't think so. They still need to make money.

Everyone says their prices are ridiculous, but they obviously don't understand the amount of work that must go into making the software.

They are making money, and a lot of it. Their prices aren't ridiculous, but if a country or organization deems it over-priced, then MS must take that into consideration and adjust prices accordingly.

The EU is ridiculous. Its their product so they should charge what they like. I myself have been supprised with the pricing of the OEM versions of vista

Back
Top Bottom