What is the stupidest thing you have done to your computer?

Well, first Winzip closed after it went through about 200 files and said it experienced a fatal error. Then my background and taskbar went away -- when I rebooted the chkdisk thing went CRAZY, so I rebooted again and skipped it. It actually loaded windows, but with no icons, taskbar, windows, or background... My dad made me sign a contract that said I wouldn't screw around with the family computer anymore.. hahaha

hahahaha this was all like 7 years ago; i got my own 2 years later. i don't do things that stupid anymore hahahaha. Not that XP would ever let my zip the windows folder :) oh also, I forgot to add -- one program still did work after the incident: comet cursor. imagine that...

Jackson.MacKenzie said:
hahahaha this was all like 7 years ago; i got my own 2 years later. i don't do things that stupid anymore hahahaha. Not that XP would ever let my zip the windows folder :) oh also, I forgot to add -- one program still did work after the incident: comet cursor. imagine that...
spyware survives anything

Stealing the mouse balls and rearranging the keys on the keyboard? That really is stupid stuff.

istonian said:
One time I was trying to break an old monitor. We threw baseballs at the screen as hard as we could. My friend kicked it hard with a steel toe boot. Finally I took a cinder block, ran and threw it at the screen. It broke.

That reminds me, I was so pissed off at my computer one time, or whatever reason, I hit my CRT, not as hard as I could, because I didnt want to break my hand or the glass you know, but I gave it a hard little punch. Ever since then, its had this single horizontal line that travels up and down the screen at random.

I think I screwed with the refresh rate. Haha

Turned on the PC without a heatsink/fan... the computer stopped before the processor burned up (thank goodness).

ArrizX said:
That reminds me, I was so pissed off at my computer one time, or whatever reason, I hit my CRT, not as hard as I could, because I didnt want to break my hand or the glass you know, but I gave it a hard little punch. Ever since then, its had this single horizontal line that travels up and down the screen at random.

I think I screwed with the refresh rate. Haha

I did that exact thing but instead of a line the whole screen looks green.

Once I had my computer open and didn't notice it was connected and on, I plugged a power cable in a new CD burner. Little sparks here and there, the computer went off and sounded really weird. I connected the CD burner correctly and checked, turned on and thankfully nothing had happened :).

Back
Top Bottom