im makin a go kart!!!1!!!

lhuser said:
Two land mowers can do you know ;)
I did that when I was younger. My dad helped me make a go cart out of an old riding lawn mower we had. He helped me do stuff like fix the steering and change the pulleys on the belt so it would go faster. And it went pretty fast too, the little lawnmower engine even had a little rev lever on the side for some extra rpm's on the motor, if you revved the motor up and pressed the go pedal hard it would squeal the tires!........ahh, the good old days.

Tommy Boy said:
I did that when I was younger. My dad helped me make a go cart out of an old riding lawn mower we had. He helped me do stuff like fix the steering and change the pulleys on the belt so it would go faster. And it went pretty fast too, the little lawnmower engine even had a little rev lever on the side for some extra rpm's on the motor, if you revved the motor up and pressed the go pedal hard it would squeal the tires!........ahh, the good old days.
Haha, I bet it was fun!! I should do something like that, I could get some old parts from this guy I know at a marina...

freestyler105 said:
Haha, I bet it was fun!! I should do something like that, I could get some old parts from this guy I know at a marina...
Yeah, it was fun, the only problem is that it didn't run very well so to start it you had to pull out the spark plug and squirt gas in the cylinder, put the plug back in and then pull it to start it....lol

Tommy Boy said:
Yeah, it was fun, the only problem is that it didn't run very well so to start it you had to pull out the spark plug and squirt gas in the cylinder, put the plug back in and then pull it to start it....lol
Haha, sounds like my old boat...seemed like every time we used it it would need a new sparkplug.

Tommy Boy said:
lol, i had to do that for a while to start my damn snowmobile lol
but yeah ill lookinto some gas motors

Do you have a frame for this to go in? You'll have to fab up some motor mounts and stuff probably.
They have 1.5hp electric motors at a local store for $20... I want one so bad, just because. Don't know what I'd do with it but that's the beauty of the thing.

if you just sitch 36 volts through two wheel chair motors, (that are 12 volts) several bad things will happen.

first, you'll break the motors, they just wern't designed to run at that sort of voltage, and the current drawn over the 3 batteries will be really quite ridiculous.

second, assuming the motors do survive, (which I doubt) they will be spinning far too fast, you 'd still need to sort out a kind of throttle control. controlling the voltages supplied to the battery to alter the speed to the sheels.
and, if you want my opinion on that, it's not going to be easy, you're going to have to use some serious electrical switches to handle the currents involved.

so basically from wut i read if u want to make it gas itl be hard and if u want to make it electric it'll be even harder!that sucks.....wish i could build a go kart *sigh*

That's about the strength of it yes...

building a kart isn't hard at all. (assuming that you have the right gear for it)...

building a safe kart, that works well is the hard part!!

well, this wouldn't be safe and don't know if it would work since it is an AC switch and your using DC, but a dimmer switch may work as a throttle lol

Back
Top Bottom