links don't work in html emails

blossom34

Beta member
as title says - when I click a link on an email sent to me in html mode instead of going to the web page proferred instead "My Documents" from my C directory opens up with .exe files in the file type.

I have to say that I went on another computer forum 2 months ago and no one understood the problem and no one could or wanted to solve it so go the challenge. It is driving me mad as when or if I do want to press a link I have to view the source and wade through masses of html to find the correct link which is taking up masses of time. Thanks.

I have Windows XP SP2 Home M. Board: Dell Computer Corp. 0N2828
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 graphic card. 2gb ram. 250 gb rom. Chipset: North Bridge: Intel Springdale-Gi865G; South Bridge Intel 8280 1EB ICH5. Intel Pentium 4
NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A [CD-ROM drive]
SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616T [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

Maxtor 6L250R0 [Hard drive] (251.00 GB) -- drive 0, s/n L5AMCVRG, rev BAJ41G20,

Hope this is enough information cos now I am going barmy with it all. Thanks very much

blossom34

Weird lol, the links dont work for me either now ive installed IE7. Do u have this installed? ALso if u have more than one browser installed, someone told me that there might be conflicts with which browser if set to default and this might also cause the problem u have.

What are you using for your email client? eg outlook express, outlook 2003 etc.

Back
Top Bottom