Custom Computer Requires Power Reset to Turn On

taekwondodogoof

Baseband Member
I have a custom computer I've built. It's fairly top-of-the-line (Intel Core2Duo, GeForce 8800GTX, 2gig ram, 600 watt PSU), but I'm having an odd trouble with it. I usually turn off my computer at night. In the morning, when I check my e-mail, I turn it back on.
Sometimes, the fans will come on, and I hear clicking, but the USB mouse light won't come, and the monitor will stay on standby. I turn the computer off, then switch the PSU power button off. When I switch the PSU power button back on, and turn on the computer, it runs just fine.
Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks so much for the help! :)

It's not very surprising if it's a D975BX2, although they only had that problem when OC'ing.

It's a Gigabyte GA-965G-DS3. I'm not overclocking anything either... I've been told I should with my E6600 Core2Duo ... but I'm afraid I'll burn it out :) .

taekwondodogoof said:
It's a Gigabyte GA-965G-DS3. I'm not overclocking anything either... I've been told I should with my E6600 Core2Duo ... but I'm afraid I'll burn it out :) .

I have a pretty good idea what the problem is

Do you have a multimeter you can use to test the computer?

taekwondodogoof said:

I have a pretty good idea what the problem is

Do you have a multimeter you can use to test the computer?.

Yes, I have one lying around in my shed somewhere. I do believe you are on the right track... I plugged in headphones the other day and it switched off. THanks for the help :D

Update... whenever I tap the top of my computer or plug in headphones to the front port, it restarts. (Reminder: It's a custom built)

Back
Top Bottom