Will my new computer work?

TrAn$MiT

Solid State Member
This is the first time I have ever build a computer from scratch and Im pretty sure everything will be just fine, but I just wana run over my hardware and see if everything looks right, will be cool enough, and if my powersupply is sufficient.

Monitor: 19 in widescreen Acer AL1917W
Case: Antec Performance One P180B
Hard Drive: Seagate 7200 80Gb(for windows only, will store games/media on external HD)
Mobo: EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR nForce 680i SLI Socket 775 1333MHz DDR2-800
Graphic Card: XFX GeForce 7600 GT XXX Edition PCI Express 256MB GDDR3
Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe Processor 1.86GHz, 1066FSB, LGA775, 2MB Cache
RAM: Corsair CM2X1024-6400 1GB DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Xtreme Performance Memory w/Black Heat Spreader
Power Supply: 500W Turbolink, (2SATA, 1PCI EXPRESS, 20/24 Main Power) Compliant w/atx 12v 2.03

As you can see I have only 1 stick of RAM, not a duel 512k because I plan to upgrade with another 1gb in about a week, is it bad to run off just 1 stick? Also, is my powersupply good enough for my system? and will the p180 with stock fans be enough to keep my system cool? Any replies are apprcieated

It all looks good. That power supply should be plenty, and the P180B is a great case. Are you going to overclock? And running off one stick is fine, there's just a performance boost when you run two sticks in dual channel.

As FS said, all looks good. I like Antec cases, have one myself, same with the Acer monitor. Nice ram!

oh that motherboard is rock solid. make sure you have atleast teh p23 bios tho. enjoy it. I know i have.

Ya I was planing on overclocking, should I wait until I get my other stick of Ram? and can anyone point me to a good tourtial or website? Thanks

Ok, thanks for the website. I probably woulda bought a better processor but MaximumPC magizine said they everclocked it up to 2.86ghz using the same mobo I've got but they had 1 more stick of ram. Ill prolly overclock after I get my 2nd stick of ram, or does that matter when it comes to overclocking?

Ok, thanks celegorm. So I shouldn't have any problems with my system overheating since I have the P180, right?

Back
Top Bottom