NTL/Virgin to lose Sky One

Brookfield said:
I just checked, yep, still there, a friend said we won't lose it, if you're getting it via a Sky digibox, which I have, & you?

If you have a sky subscription then you will not lose Sky 1 or any of the other channels, which you have already said you have, so you needn't worry.

This is only affecting NTL/Telewest subscribers which have now become Virgin Media......

Hmm... you never know. Virgin Media have made it perfectly clear they aren't going to fall to Sky's demands.

No idea about a discount?

Well, I hope we get a new box and controller anyway. The boxes we have are pretty picky at best.
They randomly lose channel data so you can't tell whats on, freeze, etc.

GlasseyeUK said:
If you have a sky subscription then you will not lose Sky 1 or any of the other channels, which you have already said you have, so you needn't worry, this is only affecting NTL/Telewest subscribers which have now become Virgin Media......
Phew, that's a relief, I'd have got SWD; Stargate withdrawal symptoms, seriously, that would have been a disaster

Kage said:
Hmm... you never know. Virgin Media have made it perfectly clear they aren't going to fall to Sky's demands.

No idea about a discount?

Well, I hope we get a new box and controller anyway. The boxes we have are pretty picky at best.
They randomly lose channel data so you can't tell whats on, freeze, etc.

If your box is playing up, just phone up and ask them to change it, recently happened to me, with the on demand part, I wasn't getting all the programs which was available and they replaced the box.

GlasseyeUK said:
If your box is playing up, just phone up and ask them to change it, recently happened to me, with the on demand part, I wasn't getting all the programs which was available and they replaced the box.
They wouldn't do that for me, I've had Sky for four years now, & won't pay the extortionate fee for covering repairs, something like £450.

Brookfield said:
They wouldn't do that for me, I've had Sky for four years now, & won't pay the extortionate fee for covering repairs, something like £450.

I never had sky so I can't comment on their policies, but I just explained that it wasn't recieving the services that I was entitled too, and I would consider it a breach of their contract, because the box was outdated and therefore unable to get the programs they offered...

Brookfield said:
Another reason i wont go back to them.Im sick of the constant junkmail they send me aswell trying to get me back. Its never gonna happen, when they treat their customers like sh*t.

GlasseyeUK said:
I never had sky so I can't comment on their policies, but I just explained that it wasn't recieving the services that I was entitled too, and I would consider it a breach of their contract, because the box was outdated and therefore unable to get the programs they offered...
Sorry mate, a little confused here, you say you've never had Sky, then you go on to say the box is outdated?? :confused:

Brookfield said:
Sorry mate, a little confused here, you say you've never had Sky, then you go on to say the box is outdated?? :confused:
Glasseye has virgin i think. He is just telling you what he told them, so he could get his box replaced. Its definately a good point. I would give it a go Maurice.

Back
Top Bottom