color problems

V8SplashMan

Baseband Member
Hey I built a computer a couple months ago, and it had some minor problems but nothing major. It's been working good but recently started a blue screen filled with error messages and then it restarts.

It has only been doing that every once in awhile, but now I turned on my computer and one or more colors arn't showing so the pictures and graphics are all wierd looking. It's not displaying things correctly ill show you what it looks like.

savepiccv4.jpg

My computer specs are:

AMD 2.4 Dual core processors

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD Motherboard (I have the older version, this looks like a newer one)

Radeon x1900x

2G's ram

160GB Sata hard drive

ok i checked the screen shot on my other computer and it looks fine but it's obviously a display problem.

The screen shot i took does'nt show the problem any suggestions on what to do?

Not sure about Ati cards, but on Nvidia in the control panel u can adjust image colours and Gamma, if the gamma is too high itll be overbright and the colours will bleed. Do the colours look ok, in dos ( if u can test it ) if not then either the monitor needs to be adjusted thru its OSD or the monitor is knackered. Either way in Win, try to set the colours and gamma to default if possiblem then reset the Monitor as well thru the OSD.

As to the blue screen on death's, have u installed any new software or hardware to possibly cause this?

See if you can't get those blue screen error codes. Not the messages, just the codes... all of them all the 0x0000c2 type stuff. Post that here, and lets have a look at them. At first glance, this sounds like maybe the graphics card's are overheating? You have and asus, so if you haven't already, pop in the support cd and install the ntune.(don't know if that will work since I primarily use nvidia graphics cards.) Ntune will do a benchmark, autotune your system, and give you complete temperature readouts. Also, what type of monitor is it? flat panel, crt, and what brand/model?

I have a PC Probe and it says everything is roughly around 32 degrees. I don't know if that is to hot or not.

All I know is my computer was not doing this before. It's been working fine, and like out of no where it just starts this color bleeding. The color teal is always the one that is bleeding over parts of the image.

Could this be the monitors fault or my graphics card failing?

I tested games, played movies, and the color comes out fine no problems. It seems its on images. Anything that is solid image or text it bleeds.

I tested my computer with another monitor and it is still doing it meaning the graphics card is to blame. Could it be damaged?

If it plays movies alright it shouldn't be. Go find the settings for the graphics card and play around with those.

It could also be the monitor. Try using a different monitor, if you have one handy, see if that corrects the problems.

Back
Top Bottom