im makin a go kart!!!1!!!

boardordi3

Fully Optimized
ok, but im buyin two 500watt 36 volt motors, and i need to know, what kind of battery shud i get?

why not a gas cart that would be so much better, no waiting for recharging, it will have more power...

hascet said:
why not a gas cart that would be so much better, no waiting for recharging, it will have more power...
cant afford it, im stripping the electric motors from an old moped lol

o ok, ya gas carts are expensive I just looked at one after I saw this cause I thought it'de be cool to have but its like $2,799 for a 250cc one :(

what were the original batteries in the moped? I would find out the model number of those and see if you could get them on line somewhere

hascet said:
o ok, ya gas carts are expensive I just looked at one after I saw this cause I thought it'de be cool to have but its like $2,799 for a 250cc one :(

what were the original batteries in the moped? I would find out the model number of those and see if you could get them on line somewhere

Just combine enough batterys to get 36 volts, very simple.

Electric seems better anways, all it requires is a charge and that's it. Much cheaper, while more efficient.

Two motors? lol

Sounds like you need 3 12V car batteries or enough to supply 500W, don't know what you would need in that respect. Would probably make things easier with just one motor and a chain to a gear on a solid axle on back, those electric motors are real torquey.

D-Lew said:
Two motors? lol

Sounds like you need 3 12V car batteries or enough to supply 500W, don't know what you would need in that respect. Would probably make things easier with just one motor and a chain to a gear on a solid axle on back, those electric motors are real torquey.
basically, i just want as much power as i can get out of it, would car batteries work? and how would i recharge them?

... so i shove a jumper cable into my outlet? lol, i know how to charge a battery, but i dont know what your suggesting i do to with jumper cables lol, im not charging it out of another car

Back
Top Bottom