is there a file on my computer...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
that I can look at to see my certificate of authenticity code...? I just upgraded my system a little bit (just to hold me over until I can really upgrade it the way I want to) and I had to call Microsoft to activate my XP when I reinstalled it on a different hdd (it was the second or third hdd swap in less than a couple months)...

when I called, the lady gave me another code (all numbers) to enter in to activate my XP, it would be nice if I didn't have to call next time and could enter it in after installing or should I call beforehand and let them know that I'll be upgrading and see if they will give me a code to enter in...?

thanks fellas, it didn't work on my computer, but it worked on my exes computer, she doesn't have winrar, maybe unzipping it is better than winraring it...?

freestyler105 said:

thanks freestyler...

much appreciated, thought it still isn't on "my" computer, I'm on the exes computer right now (I have it to "fix"), mine crapped out last night and kept saying "system failed cpu test" over and over...

I reset the cmos about 10 times and am resigned to the fact that the old processor has finally kicked the socket...

I have another socket 478 I can try to install and will probably get to it soon...

Back
Top Bottom