Very Annoying Problem

mattman5678

Baseband Member
I just built a computer and am having a very annoying problem, where if I am downloading a file, or un-archiving a file, my computer suddenly stops responding.

My screen image is still visible at this time ,my mouse movements are still registered, and buttons still depress when clicked on screen, but no reply.

From what I hear since im using 10k rpm raptor, my Hard Drive is not running at this time, but it may also include others that I cant hear.

My CPU, MCP,and Motherboard are below 50 Degree Celcius

After about 1 minute my computer will begin working again as if nothing happened, but if the item is still downloading, the computer will go back into this mode within 20 seconds.

From what I see there are no loose connections.

Here Are the specs of my comp:

Vista Ultimate
Evga 680i Mobo
Evga 8800GTX GPU
Intel QX6700 CPU
Intel Stock 775
WD Raptor 150g
Thermaltake Armor Series VA8003BWS

I dont think that it is fault of my power supply because at this moment they do not decrease in speed, but just in case, it is A thermaltake ToughPower 700w

Please help, due to this problem My computer is downloading VERY slow,
Please respond soon.

Thank you for your time.

what program are you using to unzip these files and what kind of files are they?

Im using whatever basic unzipping feature vista comes with and the files have both .txt, .avi, and realplayer format. From many different kinds, I dont think its type of file that is making this happen.

Ill use a different example thats more general with vista.

When downloading Windows Vista Extras this also sometimes happens

Sounds like it's a problem with the hard drive, since you say it stops at this time. Also, all those tasks work the hard drive a lot. Any way you can get the hard drive temperatures?

I have been thinking it may be the hard drive temp, but I have no idea on how to get temperature

everest has a HDD moniter in it. there is a link in these forums somewhere (i think one of the stickies above). check it out.

Back
Top Bottom