ClockGen

SheikZ

Baseband Member
I've been using clockgen to overclock my computer for a while now, and til now, it's been working well, but jsut now I overclocked it as usual and it automatically goes to 2200Mhz no matter what i put it too (even CPUZ says it), though, this time, I ran a regcleaner while i did it and opened CPUZ and CPUZ says it's up to 3Ghz!?! I'm thinking it's true considering how fast the computers working right now.

Is it possible to get a 1.6Ghz processor to 3.0 using ClockGen?

It could well be possible, but it could also be a false reading....I would go into the BIOS and check the settings there, see what it says. Software overclocking doesn't always work as well as using the BIOS...also I would check your temps make sure they aren't too high

Matt

Software overclocking can add problems in the long run, if its possible, use the bios, perhaps if u gave us some more info, cpu, mobo etc we could either help with the clockgen problem ,or even better, tell u how to overclock in the bios.

It's a Toshiba M115 series with 512 RAM, Celeron M processor, I don't know the video card (I'm thinking it's ATI), and I'm running Windows XP. I'm not too sure on the specifics of the computer, but I do know that it's running well, and I've optimized it before, and it's worked. Though there is the fact that I know I can't overclock using the BIOS.

Isnt that a laptop? its quite dangerous to overclock laptops isnt it, cos of the extra heat generated. Desktops u can get away with it, laptops i wudnt say it was a good idea. Could be wrong tho, wait for other opinions.

Lol, that's what i thought when it went all the way up to 3ghz! Though there's the fact that I was running the CPU much higher and so that could have had an effect. Luckily (or sadly, depending on who's speaking... ) it went down after I went to standby.

Back
Top Bottom