Router Connectivity Issues (PLEASE REPLY)

_raylll_

Solid State Member
I just purchased a D-Link DI-624M (Link) router to use with my Westell VersaLink 327 (Link, it's ebay because I can't find it anywhere else.) modem/router and I can't connect with the D-Link. I'm trying to connect to a computer and an Xbox 360. For some reason both keep trying to connect with the Westell. How can I make it so that the Westell uses the D-Link to send out a wireless signal instead? Keep in mind I'm not good with computers and you're going to have to explain pretty much everything I need to do. Also, the Westell is the one Verizon sends for free to new DSL subscribers.

I know the D-Link isn't sending a signal because neither the comp nor the 360 show any other available wireless networks and when I log in at 192.168.0.1 it shows 0 packets sent wirelessly.

EDIT: the hardwired computer does get an internet connection so that's not the issue

Have you enabled the wireless in the router settings (usually something like enable AP)

Raffaz said:
Have you enabled the wireless in the router settings (usually something like enable AP)
I did what it said in the installation book and went on the hardwired computer to IP 192.168.0.1 Then logged in as admin and the wizard came up... I pretty sure it said the wireless was enabled, but that would contrast my results now wouldn't it... I'll try that when I get home. By the way, what does AP stand for just in case it isn't abbreviated?

_raylll_ said:
I did what it said in the installation book and went on the hardwired computer to IP 192.168.0.1 Then logged in as admin and the wizard came up... I pretty sure it said the wireless was enabled, but that would contrast my results now wouldn't it... I'll try that when I get home. By the way, what does AP stand for just in case it isn't abbreviated?
Access Point.

Back
Top Bottom