best compression software

brianmay27

Solid State Member
I am looking for a good file compression software. i have tryed win rar but that saved me 1GB from 10GB. does any one have a very very good compression software they can recommend. I dont cair the time but want a good amount of compression. is there any sugestions. (for windows btw)

It depends on the files that your compressing, as to how much it will be compressed. What is it your trying to compress?

rar files are the smallest compressed file possible. if you compress files too small, you will not be able to retrieve full data when you un-compress them later. I would have to recommend using winrar and using the rar format.

ya I was hoping to back up a blu-ray disk files to a dvd but... does not look like it. it is 10 GB

Things like video, graphics and audio dont compress too well. I think i saw a program a while back which had amazing compression abilities called UHarc. You can find the program in either dos or windows format. Not sure but a while back there was a limit of 2gb per file, might have been changed now. To be honest i havent used it in a while, but it could definately compress things well.

Back
Top Bottom