windows

My mobo wont allow me to run anything less than XP due to the limitations of the chipset. But if u mean 32 or 64bit then no. 64bit tends to be supported by less things. 32bit is the best way to go. Im using xp 32bit and no problems, fast performance on games and programs.

Anubis1980 said:
My mobo wont allow me to run anything less than XP due to the limitations of the chipset. But if u mean 32 or 64bit then no. 64bit tends to be supported by less things. 32bit is the best way to go. Im using xp 32bit and no problems, fast performance on games and programs.
That's not true. The Athlon 64 X2 series supports 64 bit applications. My 3800+ runs Vista x64 fine.

well i was just wondering i dont want to upgrade to vista or xp 64-bit if its gonna be sluggish an what have ya

Aimher3 said:
well i was just wondering i dont want to upgrade to vista or xp 64-bit if its gonna be sluggish an what have ya
Heh, it won't be sluggish on the PC in your sig :p

I'd recommend the regular x86 version of XP over the x64 version, there are some incompatibilities with drivers and some programs that make it a bit of a hassle. Vista should be great on that though.

freestyler105 said:
That's not true. The Athlon 64 X2 series supports 64 bit applications. My 3800+ runs Vista x64 fine.

A lot of programs dont like xp64, the cpu is 64bit but that wasnt what i meant, Some games have trouble running on windows xp 64 as well. Your pc will run it great, its designed to!! But 3rd party software companies/ driver producers dont seem to like producing working things for 64bit systems.

Anubis1980 said:
A lot of programs dont like xp64, the cpu is 64bit but that wasnt what i meant, Some games have trouble running on windows xp 64 as well. Your pc will run it great, its designed to!! But 3rd party software companies/ driver producers dont seem to like producing working things for 64bit systems.
Ah, I misinterpreted your post. I thought when you said the 64 bit is supported by less things, you were talking about the processor.

Back
Top Bottom