Display and ethernet drivers

wally222

Baseband Member
I just finished installing Windows 2000 on this machine of mine, and I am unsure as to what drivers I should install on it for the video and ethernet controllers. How would I go about figuring out what to download?

well, we need some more information.
Is it brand name or did you build it?
If you built it:
What are the technical specs?
Particularly, did you install an ethernet card or does it have an integrated nic? what type is it(wireless/wired).
Same goes for display drivers.
If it's an on-board graphics card, then the drivers should come pre-installed when you install windows. If not, then you have to use the cd that came with the graphics card, or get the ethernet drivers working, and go to the manufacturers(of the graphics car)' website and download the updated drivers.

It's definitely an on-board graphics card, and that's what I thought too, that windows would install the drivers automatically. But when I go into the device manager, is says the driver for the video controller is not yet installed. Same with the Ethernet Controller, which is also integrated. So should I go to the website of the manufacturer of the motherboard and look for the drivers there?

Well, you should first try to let windows install the drivers, and if it asks for a cd put the motherboard support cd in. What happens if you try to do that?

yeah if its onboard then company of the tower should have em on there site

if not google the name and model of Mobo and it should come up

Have you not got a disc that comes with your mobo? The drivers will be on there. Otherwise just search on the net

Back
Top Bottom