console wars

think about it the wii has bin out 4 months and nintendo reports almost 5 mill sold
the 360 has bin out for a year and only 10 mill
sales will pick up for halo 3 but the wii i think will win in the end

esa193 said:
think about it the wii has bin out 4 months and nintendo reports almost 5 mill sold
I still don't know. I think that once the novelty wears off the Wii, sales will start to die, and the 360 will come out on top. It just depends how long it takes for the novelty to wear off.

freestyler105 said:
Yeah you can, I've seen them at all the local department stores here...

Oh well i was just at a few stores and they didnt have them. oh well. If you wanted to buy one you would be stupid not to call to make sure the store has them.

freestyler105 said:
I still don't know. I think that once the novelty wears off the Wii, sales will start to die, and the 360 will come out on top. It just depends how long it takes for the novelty to wear off.

My guess is that the wii will remain pretty steady in sales. The 360 has stayed steady for a long time and I think the wii will too. I think if a console is going to end up a flop it will be the PS3 bceause of its lack of games and high price tag.

esa193 said:

Even though the Twilight Princess was hella good, if Nintendo can't push out a Nintendogs-esque game that uses all the Wii's features like Nintendogs did for the DS, they'll only capture that same 15 million user base like they did with Gamecube. Sooner or later the novelty will wear off and games will just get predictable. That's one of the biggest reasons why the DS is totally owning the PSP. Games like Hotel Dusk, Nintendogs, Line Rider, Trauma Center and Elite Beat Agents are what make the DS such a captivating handheld. Not only is the gameplay awesome, the controls are elegant and fluid.

As for sales, the Wii has been selling well, but keep in mind that this is early sales and the console just launched. Now Nintendo has the duty to keep the system alive with great first and most importantly, third party titles. As for Xbox 360 sales, it's been pretty consistent actually...nothing spectacular but nothing like the PS3-Bomb.

Yeah have to agree gonna stick with my modded xbox for the foreseeable future, at least although the problem is that they seem to have to ceased games for the xbox, and keep seeing games for the 360 that I want.

I will just have to drool over Gears of War, that game looks dangerously good, but really only use the xbox to play pro evo with my mates, all my gaming is mainly done on the pc.....

Day of Defeat anyone?

Final Fantasy is going to be only on the ps3, so that is the system I want.....
Wii is prolly the best out of the three though.

Just buy used games don't pay $50-60 a game. And I have a ps2 with linux because I don't like gaming consoles anymore.

Back
Top Bottom