bios wont load

star2589

Solid State Member
at least, thats what think is going on... I'm new to all this stuff.

I'm trying to upgrade the processor on an old computer as a quick fix until I have enough money to replace it. its currently running a 566mhz celeron processor socket 370.

I was going to go to a store that sells used computer parts and buy a pentium III processor for it. I was hoping I could sell the old processor, so I took it out. I found out that the store is actually closed today, so I put the processor back in and put everything back together and turned on my computer...

and nothing happens. the computer powers up, and the harddrive clicks, and then nothing... the compaq logo doesnt show up, and it doesnt perform a memory test anymore.

any idea whats going on?

i had a similar problem my processor was shot tho...

fried an everything so your processor could of been on its last leg

Aimher3 said:
i had a similar problem my processor was shot tho...

fried an everything so your processor could of been on its last leg

my computer was working just fine until I took it apart... whoops.

u made sure the processor was set in correct?

try and Flash the bios takin out that battery

Aimher3 said:
u made sure the processor was set in correct?

it seemed to go in pretty easily. I didn't have to use any force. I don't know what I could have done wrong.

Aimher3 said:
try and Flash the bios takin out that battery

how does one do that? :confused:

there is a little battery on your mother board flat circle type...take that out for about 5 minuets and put it back in

Aimher3 said:
there is a little battery on your mother board flat circle type...take that out for about 5 minuets and put it back in

tried that, didnt do anything.

damn it coulda just been the processor being takin out and being put in...that coulda killed it

Aimher3 said:
damn it coulda just been the processor being takin out and being put in...that coulda killed it

uh oh, I hope not. I was hoping this computer would last me a month or two until I could get another one.

Try reseating the processor again. If that doesnt solve it, then you may of fried it with ESD, did you use an anti static wristband or ground yourself?

Back
Top Bottom