Need help, my girl cheated on me.....

they can be and they can also not be.. my parents [who are still married] were high school sweethearts...

i thought i was going to marry a guy i was in love with in high school, but ended up dumping him many months later.

Jenox said:
lol. ok. If you think High School relationships are serious...you got another thing comin'. :rolleyes:

You didn't say highschool relationships, you said any relationship in your early teens until mid-twenties aren't serious. Ok, early teens, I'll grant you that but you still quite obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Even in highschool relationships can be serious. You're just one of the immature people you are speaking of in your previous post who can't keep a girl happy.

Ð88 said:
You didn't say highschool relationships, you said any relationship in your early teens until mid-twenties aren't serious. Ok, early teens, I'll grant you that but you still quite obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Even in highschool relationships can be serious. You're just one of the immature people you are speaking of in your previous post who can't keep a girl happy.

Tisk tisk someone's quick to judge. :rolleyes: Early teens to mid twenties basically implies highschool till college. A VAST portion of the relationships between those age groups is hardly serious. First of all, define "serious" relationship for me. We'll compare definitions then go further.

Serious Relationships in Jenox's terms: A serious relationship is one built off of serious matters, highest example given is financial issues, the second being living together. A SERIOUS relationship is one where you are living with your partner, committed to that one partner only, and can provide for yourself as well as your partner. A serious relationship generally consists of older, vastly more mature people, typically ones with jobs that are full time, both partners at one time live on their own and are FULL adults, (i.e can provide entirly for themselves).

Now, what highschool/college student is self-sufficient, and is THAT committed to one person, and actually sees themselves marrying THAT person? :confused:

P.S Please, if you're 16 or under, don't say you're going to marry your girlfriend or otherwise say you have a serious relationship, if you can, however, give credit to at least three couples who are within 7 years of your age and are still married, maybe then, but until examples are provided, anyone 16 or under who thinks they have a serious relationship just needs to gtfo and give the real world a big high five. :rolleyes:

luckyduck said:
they can be and they can also not be.. my parents [who are still married] were high school sweethearts...

i thought i was going to marry a guy i was in love with in high school, but ended up dumping him many months later.

I know two couples who married their high school sweetheart, and have been married for 20+ years

Get this..

I've been going out with my girlfriend for 5 months now. Its rather serious. I mean not marriage serious, but way more serious then most, if not all high school relationships.

Anyways, I was going to be busy with her one weekend, and someone who got married to their highschool sweetheart, told me to forget about the weekend because it wouldnt last forever.

I basically said fuck you.

Jenox said:
Tisk tisk someone's quick to judge. :rolleyes: Early teens to mid twenties basically implies highschool till college. A VAST portion of the relationships between those age groups is hardly serious. First of all, define "serious" relationship for me. We'll compare definitions then go further.

Serious Relationships in Jenox's terms: A serious relationship is one built off of serious matters, highest example given is financial issues, the second being living together. A SERIOUS relationship is one where you are living with your partner, committed to that one partner only, and can provide for yourself as well as your partner. A serious relationship generally consists of older, vastly more mature people, typically ones with jobs that are full time, both partners at one time live on their own and are FULL adults, (i.e can provide entirly for themselves).

Now, what highschool/college student is self-sufficient, and is THAT committed to one person, and actually sees themselves marrying THAT person? :confused:

P.S Please, if you're 16 or under, don't say you're going to marry your girlfriend or otherwise say you have a serious relationship, if you can, however, give credit to at least three couples who are within 7 years of your age and are still married, maybe then, but until examples are provided, anyone 16 or under who thinks they have a serious relationship just needs to gtfo and give the real world a big high five. :rolleyes:

just change what you said i'll leave it alone. What you meant to say was anyone 16 or under (because that is what you are saying now). I know plenty of people who are now married to the person they met in highschool or college. It wouldn't matter to give you examples of people i know that have married or are in what you call "serious" relationships because as far you would know I could be making the people up so what's the point?

btw, check the profile, it says I was born April 15, 1987. That makes me nearly 20 years old.

Ð88 said:
just change what you said i'll leave it alone. What you meant to say was anyone 16 or under (because that is what you are saying now). I know plenty of people who are now married to the person they met in highschool or college. It wouldn't matter to give you examples of people i know that have married or are in what you call "serious" relationships because as far you would know I could be making the people up so what's the point?

btw, check the profile, it says I was born April 15, 1987. That makes me nearly 20 years old.

Maybe I should have clarified exactly what i was intending on saying, I'll give you that. I know of only a few couples who have gone from HS to marriage, and their lives are very rough and complicating it seems like. Now, if we were to compare those married couples to all the HS relationships that the couples classify as "serious" and you'll quickly see what it is I'm trying to get across.

The number of couples who claim seriousness and then compare to those that actually are, and that number is few and far between. I mean just think about it. Each of us probably knows of one or a few people who have gone through HS/College and have gotten married/engaged, but, how many relationships have you seen in your HS/College career that are serious yet end up failing? That's the big picture. The number of actuals to claims, the difference is substantially lower on the actuals then it is on the claims. People CLAIM to be serious, but, in all actually it's not, going my terms of what exactly a serious relationship is.

On the contrary however, a serious relationship is completely subjective and open to interpretation. So what's mine is right to me, but might be wrong to you or whomever. So i guess the point is it's open to what you want it to be.

I guess we can agree on that to some given extent? :confused: Or at least I hope so. ;)

...so i kinda have a stupid question then. is the relationship considered not serious to you if the people dont end up getting married?

Back
Top Bottom