wow 80 cores

Fisher said:
blimy! i thought quad core was alot but 80 core! thats more processor power than i will use in a year. are they going to take it in steps like 8 core 16 core 32 core or are they just gunna jump in with 80 core?

it will be in steps. i was at an intel retail edge even last night and the rep said that we should expet to be atleast expecting a release date of 16-core by this time next year.

esa193 said:
lol i wounder what graphic cards r ganan be like mabey 20 core?
any way whats the diffrence between a graphics card a cpu?
kind of a noob question but just never new
Ya mean graphics card and GPU?

The GPU is the actual processor, which is on the card. The card is the whole thing, including the circuit boards and the fan, etc.

no i mean the differeance between cpu and gpu becouse isnt the gpu just the same thing as the cpu just weeker like lets say a pentuim 3 500mghz with ram

celegorm said:
it will be in steps. i was at an intel retail edge even last night and the rep said that we should expet to be atleast expecting a release date of 16-core by this time next year.

so basicly there ganna double to triple each year
like dual core is now quad core witch will be octocore ect

esa193 said:
no i mean the differeance between cpu and gpu becouse isnt the gpu just the same thing as the cpu just weeker like lets say a pentuim 3 500mghz with ram
They're similar, but with different architectures to be optimized for their applications.

ohhh that makes sence becouse i was thinking to myself the other day
instead of paying 500 for a new graphics card would couldnt they just take older more faster cpus like pentuim 4 and some ram and throw them on to a card

Back
Top Bottom