NTL/Virgin to lose Sky One

Kage

Golden Master
Has anyone got NTL as a digital TV subscriber, that has now been taken over by Virgin? We have...

Guess what Sky are doing to knock them down? They are charging extra for the Sky One channel (a channel with 24, and Lost (something I'm not bothered about)).

Virgin are saying they won't pay it, and it has been officially announced that we are now going to lose that channel. Virgin says it is unfair, since they'd have to increase the price more, in which case, no one would want the service anyway, and Sky, are obviously doing it to get people to move over.

I think this is really mad, but since we love 24 here, it seems we may be forced to switch to Sky. We do get a lot of problems with NTL... At least with Sky now, you can get some kind of broadband package, like we have with NTL now.

Some of me is saying to leave Sky in the dust though, and not bother doing anything, since its just a win for them.

Haha yeah, we have NTL, which is now damned Virgin Media! Yeah, we're switching to Sky, with that phone, broadband and sky box package for £26!

Do you guys keep getting internet connection problems? Ever since the switch I get d/c every now and again?

The switch from what? NTL to Sky? Or to NTL? (Or Virgin Media as its now called...)

NTL has never been to good with Internet, with problems occurring at least once a month. Most problems can be fixed by disconnecting power to the NTL box, and putting it back, resetting it.

I think we may end up switching to Sky...

well that's crappy... I'm a Telewest customer, (now Virgin media) and I've had no notification of this AFAIK.
still it won't bother me cause I'm moving at the end of next month anyway!

Clever ploy by sky really. I had the NTL package in the UK last year when i was there, 9.99 for 1mb broadband download limit of 3gb i got bout 80 a month and they never complained lol. I think Sky r overpriced...

Yeah its really annoying. I used to really Admire Richard Branson but it seems he is trying to buy into a monopoly here, I would really like to switch to sky myself

I don't know if we are switching now.

The last of the 24 series, were having taped by someone with Sky, so we won't miss that. It'd be really stupid to switch for one channel because of them.

I don't believe there are many programs I tend to watch on it.

I got rid of sky years ago, i will never get it back unless they bring their prices down, and i mean right down. Its a waste of money to me. Who needs 10+ film channels anyway, you can only watch one at a time. Their prices are getting better, but its the principal, and im a stubborn git :)

Back
Top Bottom