british vs american words

luckyduck said:
:-/ at first i most definitely didnt think bud was referring to beer :p

where im from [and it might be a regional thing] bud means pot [marijuana]

Oh well I was thinking that would anyone in their right mind drink budweiser, but heh ho, yeah I know it as weed, or usually when its more sticky as bud.

root said:
no, the only beerthat I drank was guiness... (and I did drink a hell of a lot of it in the middle of the week) (washed down with some Jamesons after that)... that was a long night...
one that saw me going back to the bar the next to retireve clothes that I had forgotten to put on before trying to walk beck to my hotel a bit brams and list in the snow...twas fun though, I didn't really see the large chocolate eggs, but there were pack of mini eggs and creme eggs, I imagine that this are made in britain though since they are both cadbury.
and just sent to america.
Yep, they were made in Britain, items like this do very well in America, Um, I guess you didn't try root beer?.......geddit?

The potatoe thing was Dan Quayle FYI, vice president to Bush Sr. You guys have pretty much covered everything I could think of.

When I went to Austrailia they had shops that sold British chocolate loads of them!!

Theres one thing I dont understand, why football is rugby in America!:p

Steff said:
When I went to Austrailia they had shops that sold British chocolate loads of them!!
I guess that's mostly for the ex pats, the French say that British chocolate isn't even fit for cooking!

im told rugby is a lot more dangerous... and i think we have more rules. like it's more proper or something. which is ironic bc usually the brits are the proper ones and the americans are the rowdy cowboys :p

Back
Top Bottom