DVD/CD drive problem

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, today I go to get some files off a dvd and I go into my computer and the Drive the disk is in isnt there! Both my disk drives are not in mycomputer. I turned the computer off, and made sure everything was plugged in and restart, and if I wnated to boot from them I could, but once in windows they are gone. SO than I go into device manager and see that they have a problem and this is it:
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
Says it could not load driver software, but my driver is on my disk that I cant read so idk what to do. Both drives say the same thing tho, and they are different brands and all. Any idea?

Thanks

Reinstall drivers for both drives and your motherboard.

It could be the drivers for the drives, but it could also be the IDE controller for the motherboard.

I ran the update driver and it said my current drivers were the most up to date and best ones.

Drive 1-Sony CD-RW CRX216E ATA Device
Drive 2-TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M ATA Device Samsung
Mobo-ECS NFORCE 570 Slit-A

I'll try that. Otherwise I guess I'll have to reformat, I hope not tho, at least I have my files on a different partition.

Goto device manager in safemode, delete the drives and delete the IDE controllers, and restart the pc. Windows will reinstall fresh drivers, if that doesnt work, then its a different problem

Back
Top Bottom